TokaiMTB AGM 2019

marko35s

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TokaiMTB receives donations for trail building so the membership fees aren't for that.

Smells like the creation of an exclusivity club

You just make stuff up as you go along clearly. You know quite well what TokaiMTB does for the riding community. What the membership is for is clearly set out on the website and yes, it does go towards trail building. 

If you have an issue with TokaiMTB feel free to start your own association and get busy. Rather than shouting from the sidelines. 

Not looking for loopholes, and my apologies for any bashing. Was just wanting clarity as things have changed since the last agm I have attended.

Also as a note. Before the "tokai mtb club" was formed you and marc were trying to sell me on the idea, chance to win a bike, discount bike services etc. This didnt and still dont appeal to me. I used to donate to tokai build days, but have since stopped when the "tokaiclub" was formed last year.

I dont like exclusion!!

Its almost like the "ETOLLS" that so little payed and so many didnt.

Well then. Now that it’s been compared to a corrupt self enriching system for elites to steal from the poor, I guess I understand your stance.

I give up. Continue bashing or looking for loopholes, gatecrash even... but please, for the love of God, admit each and every one of you that Tokai needs funds.

. ....

Where did all the funders go? Chatted to some mates and it appears that there’s issues.

Sudden change of engagement rules , funders saying no thanks. The smell is getting worse . I’ll have a full picture soon enough

tokai financials you say?

you have two options

The high road

step 1.http://tokaimtb.co.za/

step 2. go to TokaiMTB drop down menu

step 3. select TokaiMTB Trail and Finance reports.

step 4. read them   (and weep)

The low road

step1. go moan on the hub.

Really that’s it??!!!

I can also suck numbers out of thin air

Unfortunately you have to be present to vote

I know.

I've been involved with TokaiMTB and I've been on the screaming at Deon side of the fence too. I've been around the block with Tokai. I've used my bakkie on many a build day and my own chainsaw and left many tools up on the hill.

You guys can bitch and moan on an internet forum at someone who is actually trying to make a difference as much as you want. The bottom line is Sanparks is THE GOVERNMENT. Deon is not the government. He and Mark are just trying to do as much as they can so that YOU can ride your bike at Tokai.

Behaving like there is some exclusionary conspiracy or siphoning off of non existent funds is puerile to the extreme.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Really that’s it??!!!

I can also suck numbers out of thin air

You are insinuating that TokaiMTB are lying and/or misleading the public re their finances. Unless you have proof your claims are false and defamatory. 

. ....

Where did all the funders go? Chatted to some mates and it appears that there’s issues.

Sudden change of engagement rules , funders saying no thanks. The smell is getting worse . I’ll have a full picture soon enough

You're so full of rumours and BS the mind boggles. You clearly have an agenda that is not aimed at a rational understanding of the facts. If you actually wanted facts you'd pick up the phone and call me or send me an email instead of sprouting your bile on the hub.

Seems you haven't learned how to put a filter on it yet.

Is there financials that indicate how many paid up members and what the total was used for apart from donations from other entities?

tokai financials you say?

you have two options

The high road

step 1.http://tokaimtb.co.za/

step 2. go to TokaiMTB drop down menu

step 3. select TokaiMTB Trail and Finance reports.

step 4. read them   (and weep)

The low road

step1. go moan on the hub.

http://tokaimtb.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/TokaiMTB-2018-to-2019-Finances.png

I dont see it

You're so full of rumours and BS the mind boggles. You clearly have an agenda that is not aimed at a rational understanding of the facts. If you actually wanted facts you'd pick up the phone and call me or send me an email instead of sprouting your bile on the hub.

Hell yes!

Funders come and go, duh! Now he’s trying to pin on something. What a joke.

jussis okes, what the actual hell?

it's R300 - which is a pair of socks these days

Have you ever served on a club committee? - it's a schlepp. the okes are volunteers.

SANparks takes all the money, we all know that. it sucks, but it ain't changing anytime soon. Can't blame the committee for that.

will sign up again, even if i can't make it

Not quite sure i understand your comparison.

I think the amount is irrelevant, as is your assumption that SANParks takes all the money.

As for serving on a committee, I'm sure we can all say yes to that. But you knew that too.

Seems there’s unwarranted sensitivity. You’re supposed to be a pbo not a private club so explain yourselves publicly

well judging by some of the moaning by self entitled non members on this thread its a good thing they are excluded ....try keep it that way :ph34r:

#300buxreally

Yes, it should rather be R1300, then funding is not an issue, 20 members 26k, major part of the yearly bill is sorted. Come now R1300 is nothing compared to a bike tyre

This is someone who has been around the block and actually understands whats going on at Tokai. Some of you should take the trouble to think before hitting the keyboard.

Absolutely took the time to think, and as stated above I'm still confused as to why i can't attend an Annual General Meeting, where it was advertised on a Public forum and is being held in a public place.