Flattest headset cone spacer / lower spacer

Rouxenator

Upgrading my shock from 100mm travel to a 130mm one. However the steerer tube is 175mm (25mm shorter then my old 200mm). 

I have a 15mm spacer I can take out, however that is not enough. My lower (cone) spacer is a 15mm FSA one and I was wondering what the flattest cone spacer I can replace it with?

Even bigger questions is what bike shops will have stock on it?

Praat jy van die bearing cover bo? Jy kry plat FSA 1 seker so 5mm in totaal. Ek weet Geco cycles het 'n laai vol gebruiktes. Net seker maak die 1 wat jy opsit is reg, het al gehad dat dit op headtube vas druk inplaas van op die bearing. Dis te sê as ons van dieselfde ding praat nou.

That link is not for the right part.  That converts a tapered head tube to take a straight steerer.  You want a zero stack headset.

Thats not the slamset. That looks like a normal ZS44 (8mm ish) top assembly. The slamset is basically flush with the top of the headtube...but if they got it sorted...cool. Maybe just remove the topcap and check the steerer tube isn't halfway down the stem lol...bike shops have done dumber things before.

post-64325-0-10261500-1558026125_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-81809800-1558026132_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I checked through the back of the stem, the steerer goes up as high as it can. So all is good. 

post-38519-0-05437400-1558111590_thumb.jpg

Not that things like that phase me, but the bike shop that did the install for me actually took great care in measuring before and after height - the difference is 2mm. Since this is 130mm travel and my old one was 100mm.

Other option is to replace your steerer tube if all else fails. Robbies Bicycle Concepts does ND Tuned Steerer Tube replacements. Quoted a friend 1500 for a new steerer for his Pike

Why not add a shorter stack height stem? I went with a spank oozy trail stem and gained 5mm on a shorter steerer...

The goal was to replace my old fork that developed a crack in the upper brake mount : https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/362769-rockshox-reba-100mm-tapered-non-boost/

I was looking at getting a cheap Suntour (loved those back in the days) but could not get a good price on one. So I bought this one used here on Bikehub. So I was not trying to get the stack as flat as possible, just to get the replacement fork fitted. Great success  :thumbup:

Thanks the tip of a flatter stem, was actually wondering about that. Good to also know you can replace the steerer tube. 

The old fork sold in less than hour too  :clap:

Discovered today that the rubber seal that site at the bottom of the Cane Creek Forty is missing. Anyone know where to get those? I'll see if the bike shop that fitted it maybe have it somewhere.

Archived