Freedom Challenge Commentary

tubed

On live tracking Martin seems to be over 100km ahead of Alex and Tweet - surely not?

Edited by andrew5336

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On live tracking Martin seems to be over 100km ahead of Alex and Tweet - surely not?

That's about right.

Edited by Dusty

Yes, if not more.

It is 50+kays from Vuvu to Rhodes and another 60+kays from Rhodes to Chesneywold and MD is way past Chesney already...... going like a boeing!  :clap:

Which is where on the map ?

Lehanas pass is between the Vuvu and Rhodes support stations, just before Tenahead lodge.

GPS Coordinates for the landmark container at the top are - 

30°41'35.5"S 28°09'45.6"E

Hope that helps??

The wind is pumping here, so I can imagine it's not too comfortable on Lehana

confirmed! it is barely possible to even walk sections, and according to the lady at Tenahead, it's going to be like this for a few days.

gotta keep on trucking, but Martin could make a huge gain here, something he has earned!

Which is where on the map ?

where tweet and Alex are.

I wonder if Jeanie is sitting at home watching this wondering if she could keep up?.....

I doubt she could, not with comrades in her legs from 2 weeks back!

She did manage to stick with him at the epic this year, where he grew a rather impressively gnome looking beard!

Bit confused here, isn't Rhodes some 462 km from PMB, and the summary only has MD ridden some 317km?

Tracker distances are inaccurate. 

I think at some stage some of them were reset as previously some trackers showed distances much higher than what had been ridden.  I am assuming the RTR trackers changed to RASA riders and the distance accumulated.  

If you click the red line though it shows the route distance of each "day"- not sure that helps work it out but time is more of a factor than distance in this case. 

Bit confused here, isn't Rhodes some 462 km from PMB, and the summary only has MD ridden some 317km?

Definitely something amiss...... Distances are not right for those in the know, I'm sure.

Edited by TrailWarrior

For me (besides Martin;s race), the ride of RASA2019 is proving to be RG du Toit, he's off alone very late into the Osseberg, he's done it a few months ago in RTW2019, but he's going in there tonight with no moon to speak of and no tracks at all. 

This could get interesting or be a very masterful ride - either way its worth keeping an eye on tonight.