Winter is killing me

DemiCat

A dissonant Demicat...

In the highveld ,if the sun is out it just means I can get sunburnt and frostbite - at the same time ????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the highveld ,if the sun is out it just means I can get sunburnt and frostbite - at the same time

There is a simple cure to prevent that - move to the Cape - nothing is as nice as a perfect winters day in the Cape...

There is a simple cure to prevent that - move to the Cape - nothing is as nice as a perfect winters day in the Cape...

I get more and more tempted to do that ! It really looks like it’s a lot more “exercise friendly”. So beautiful too ????

Edited by DemiCat

when you ride an IDT you spend more time sitting on your ass and you dont stand/sit/shift your contact points like you would when actually riding on the road hence you arent relieving your pressure points so you get numb bits

go buy some warm kit and go ride outside

True,but right now I’m way too unfit to join the groups. As a woman it’s even less safe. Not worth spending a lot of money on warm gear just to maybe ride 5km twice a month. Hoping next winter I’ll need the spinning bike less.

Does the spinning bike have a couch for a saddle?

Can you post a pic please Demi

Don’t think I can post pics just yet ! To answer your question,no I believe it’s called a racing saddle ... My mtb saddle is reeeeaaaally thin.

In general thanks everyone for the advice ! I’ll double check,or I’ll just put a heater at my feet ????

Good Day fellow cyclists

Soooo I’ve moved to indoor spinning(by my lonesome) because I am not fit enough to join the groups yet,and I’m not going riding in below zero degrees at 5am.

Still indoors on the spinning bike my toes go numb because of bad circulation.Actually last night my one foot went so numb I only had control over my foot with my ankle.

Thick socks don’t work, but I have seen people recommend compression socks. Or would a shoe cover be a better bet ?

Edit : I am 100% sure it’s because of bad circulation. What they call “winters voete”. I remember there was a time I would buy my sport shoes 2 sizes too big so it will fit even with layers of socks.

(Funny enough, in the summer I need socks with cooling gel ‍♀)

Thanks in advance for advice

Time to get some proper kit and HTFU

You have an artery that runs in your right leg and into your groin.My guess is that you are sitting to long and compressing the artery and that's why your foot went numb.Try standing up more often.

Your saddle could be to wide as well.

It it doesn't go away with the standing breaks then go see a Dr.

Time to get some proper kit and HTFU

Recent pictures and evidence of you being all hard and **** please.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

That's not 5am fella. maybe you need to take a bit of your own advice. It's easy to be a badass on the internet.

Edited by Duane_Bosch