Labour law advice - non payment of overtime

bmw1za

Is it a new manager or maybe a new pay system?

25 years is a lifetime at the company.

When you get scheduled the extra time, do you ask if you are going to get payed the for the extra hours?

Its obviously just an issue with me ... I can't even get a meeting to clarify or resolve the issues with said manager . I get dismissed and internal comms gets neutralized with saying I must resubmit it correctly .. ie fill in my claims excluding the overtime .. but that nullifies the whole process . In other words I should not claim overtime . Hands over eyes ! Guys I come off a 12 hour night shift and I'm working tonight again.. desperately need to catch some shuteye. Clock in later .

Thanks

225 hours x 1.5 gives you almost 8 months worth in salary. I can see why they are ignoring you.

Your manager probably knows his head would be on the block.

Phone DOL. You can do it anonymously as a tip off. They will knock on the door within a week.

Edited by Mudsimus

225 hours x 1.5 gives you almost 8 months worth in salary. I can see why they are ignoring you.

Your manager probably knows his head would be on the block.

8 weeks

The law is very strict about forced labour - so they are not in a position to make you work overtime, no matter what. I presume you are above the legal threshold for yearly income? Then it's difficult - believe me, I went the same route a few years back. just get an union and some hoohaa about going public with it - it worked for me!

Just Stop working overtime until you’re paid in full.

If they summon you to a disciplinary hearing for refusing to work overtime in circumstances where they owe you over 200 hours of overtime, you can use the inquiry as a platform to record the abuse. It would be a massive own goal.

If they dismiss you or seek to sanction you in any way for refusing to work overtime, the ccma will reinstate you and really punish them.

If you do not want to bring on the crisis of a disciplinary, then lodge a formal written grievance, which goes straight to the CEO. It can be polite and firm at the same time. You will attach a spreadsheet computing the claim, and briefly detail the steps you have thus far taken in vain to have this remediated. If you need help wording it, pm me [emoji1303]

Thank you Harryn ... very much , will take it up with the union to get things inforced

Good luck! You don’t deserve this abuse.

• 4 months later...

how are you making progress with your situation buddy?

just asking...

Thank you Harryn ... very much , will take it up with the union to get things inforced

Hi.. got stuffed around by the guy handling The Case with the ccma, got my union to follow up .. back to the beginning litterally today . I can apparently get off work to sort it out as it is Work related finance.. crossing fingers . We will then weigh options to possibly go the court route since the outstanding amount has grown since .

Africanasity is a slow and tedious turning wheel sadly.

joh, it must be driving you up the wall? keep pushing man, dont let them win! 

Hi.. got stuffed around by the guy handling The Case with the ccma, got my union to follow up .. back to the beginning litterally today . I can apparently get off work to sort it out as it is Work related finance.. crossing fingers . We will then weigh options to possibly go the court route since the outstanding amount has grown since .
Africanasity is a slow and tedious turning wheel sadly.