Alps Tire Choice

Duane_Bosch

Just got back from the Enduro event in Morzine and had a new set of Minions on a Transition and they were superb. Tons of grip if you lean them over and rolling resistance not too bad. DHF front, DHR back.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! It's powder out here today. There's very few places you can start at 1. Have multiple mechanicals and STILL do 3600m of descending

Nice! It's powder out here today. There's very few places you can start at 1. Have multiple mechanicals and STILL do 3600m of descending

Don't forget to pack in spare chain links Duane...

Don't forget to pack in spare chain links Duane...

Bro I'm here.

Destroyed a chain, chain guide, an Avid Code, brake rotor and a set of Zee brake pads already.

As the song goes " I only ride Park"

Hehe. Truthfully I had terrible brake squeal and a vibration through the frame that I never got to the bottom of. I bought a new brake rotor hoping to solve it. I couldn't change pads on my codes coz the bolt holding the pads in's head sheared off somehow. I even changed the bikes geo running it in the long mode hoping that that change would take the vibration away. I put a mates Zee's on after he left. This helped a bit but the vibration never fully went away.

The upshot of this was that I was forced to change my braking. Either off or locked. Hence the chowed rear tire.

But it's not all bad. in 8 days I did 45km vertically of descending. Think about that for a second. 45km in Vert. A solid day at Jonkers is 1000m.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I’m doing the Swiss epic in around 4 weeks can anyone recommend a good tyre for the 5 days of racing . I’ve just bought a new bike so the tyres are still new but listening to you guys I’m thinking I probably got to get tyres that are bullet proof . Also should I take brake pads with?