947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

If you ride in A, I'll ride with you... for as long as I can, like last year.  :ph34r:

A red train with only two wagons.  Now we just need a diesel to pull us along.... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are willing to start later and cycle by only using one leg then you're welcome to fall back and cycle with me  :whistling:  :stupid:.

A red train with only two wagons.  Now we just need a diesel to pull us along.... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I got VB again - I am not so sure that's going to be a good idea as I was in much better form last year and got dropped somewhere in the first 25km from the main bunch ended up fighting to the end as there where no other groups and the passing VC etc was just WAAAAY too strong

I am definitely considering dropping back for self preservation reasons... almost no training for the last 3 months definitely is not going to help either.

Currently thinking of doing a late entry, can anybody with a seeding of around 21.0 reply with your start group, I just want to see whether it makes sense to try and do it. Don't want to start too late.

Currently thinking of doing a late entry, can anybody with a seeding of around 21.0 reply with your start group, I just want to see whether it makes sense to try and do it. Don't want to start too late.

you would get into B or C with that seeding.

I was seeded A with a 19.7 last year, so pretty certain you'll be B at least and maybe even A

Even if I am seeded A, I'll drop back to B....

Tried A-batch once in a fairly large race.... naah.

The poor people at the reseeding office have sent out an email and inadvertently copied in a bunch of email addresses by mistake. I am now getting replies and proof of reseeding payments from all sorts of random people  :blink:

Lots of deleting emails going on in my life right now

I really hope for some mercy on the day and that we will get some cooler weather.  If the kinda heat of the past few days are to be present, then us late starters are going to be in for some serious de-hydration and sweat.    Remember to drink loads of fluids!

If we're going to have the same temps on the day I will not ride - even with a starting time of 07:51 it's not worth it imo  :whistling:.

I really hope for some mercy on the day and that we will get some cooler weather.  If the kinda heat of the past few days are to be present, then us late starters are going to be in for some serious de-hydration and sweat.    Remember to drink loads of fluids!

I've got my earliest start in I at 6:51. Really chuffed as thats an hour earlier than last year. Anyone who has started in that area before do you know if its likely that a good group will form or is it a free for all like in the later starts? Really hoping for a sub 3...might be a bit optimistic though. 

I've got my earliest start in I at 6:51. Really chuffed as thats an hour earlier than last year. Anyone who has started in that area before do you know if its likely that a good group will form or is it a free for all like in the later starts? Really hoping for a sub 3...might be a bit optimistic though. 

6:51 is arounf I or J right? There should be some bunches, but the spread of strong riders willing to work seems to drop off by then.

Looking at last year, the chances reduce quickly as you pass Group G.

Start Group - Number of sub3's

D - 189

E - 83

F - 34

G - 18

H - 15

I - 5

J -

K - 3

Don't be discouraged though, it might happen if you get lucky and find a group of guys willing to work. You just need 5 or so guys, which can always happen on the day.

6:51 is arounf I or J right? There should be some bunches, but the spread of strong riders willing to work seems to drop off by then.

Looking at last year, the chances reduce quickly as you pass Group G.

Start Group - Number of sub3's

D - 189

E - 83

F - 34

G - 18

H - 15

I - 5

J -

K - 3

Don't be discouraged though, it might happen if you get lucky and find a group of guys willing to work. You just need 5 or so guys, which can always happen on the day.

did you manually go into the racetec stats and pull those out ?