wanted to comment .... :whistling:

does she read the Hub ? :P

Nope, don't know how to get into my account [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I took her out for a quick 36 km ride to get a feel  :thumbup:     And ......Awesome!  

The bike responds so well and felt very good overall and especially when cornering.   I pumped the X-plor tyres to 75 Psi front and back, but think I will drop it a bit to 65 and see how it feels on the next ride tomorrow as it was a bit bumpy on some of the rocky gravel sections and some speed bumps.

The Sram Double Tap and 1 x 11 works so smooth and easy and I am very glad that there is only 1 x chainring in the front.    The Mechanical Tektro Spyre brakes are more than sufficient.  I will increase saddle height by 1 cm and perhaps take the handlebar down a notch.

IMG_20190815_161850-992x744.jpg

My wife would kill me if I put my bike on our Coricraft couches.

My wife would kill me if I put my bike on our Coricraft couches.

Never ever eeeeeevvveeerrrrr do the couch pic when the missus is home, thats looking for real trouble.

Never ever eeeeeevvveeerrrrr do the couch pic when the missus is home, thats looking for real trouble.

My bike leaves tire tracks behind...

• 3 months later...

Quick update.    I now reached 3 000 km's on my GP 300 and it has performed awesome.   Zero problems and all I can say is that it has been a blast and delivered much fun and joy to date!   I replaced the KMC X11  chain with a new one at 2300 km's because it was worn and along with the new chain I also installed a new shifter cable and housing.    

The SRAM 1 X 11 Apex / Rival combo performs well and like said before the TRP Spyre mechanical brakes have been sufficient for my riding.    I removed and cleaned the Spyre brakes earlier this week and inspected the pads and they are still at about 65%.  

Yesterday I did a routine clean and inspection of the free-hub and all still good.

The only challenge has been to find the best Tubeless tyres for my riding style and something that is reliable.  The Stock MSO's were not tubeless and although I only did my first 1000 km's with them and with tubes, they performed well and are pretty tough.   The Farr Dot's are ok but I had too many problems with them and decided to try something different and now settled for Specialized Pathfinder Pro's  -  let's see how they perform.   

All in all I love my 2018 GP 300 ride and am looking forward to go and ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour with it!!   :thumbup:

Edited by Ashchest

How does that shock stop thingy work ?

And does it work for you?

I have been holding out for the shock system on a Spez diverge, but your system may be a different option to consider.

How does that shock stop thingy work ?

And does it work for you?

Well it's still on my bike and I have probably become very used to it by now.  I'll have to take it off and put a normal stem on in order to give you any answer apart from my first impressions on here when I first installed it.

It does what it says - about 20 mm of smooth travel on the bars.   Happy that I have it and if a 20mm quality travel is what you are looking for then this is probably one of the best options out there?   

Thanks for the write-up. I am seriously contemplating to get the Momsen R355 ONE.

My local trails is Van Gaalens. Have you done VG singletrack with the GP300? Would the R355 be able to do singletrack?

Thanks for the write-up. I am seriously contemplating to get the Momsen R355 ONE.

My local trails is Van Gaalens. Have you done VG singletrack with the GP300? Would the R355 be able to do singletrack?

I have done some bits of very short singletrack but have not taken it out on any long non-technical trails yet. The bike always amazes me when I take it off the road onto some singletrack and nice when passing some MTB'ers with the drop bars. :D  I have been playing with the idea of taking it to some of the local trail parks such as Northern Farm and Big Red Barn to ride some of the easy trails.... I guess if you put some high volume 650B 50mm knobbies on them then they will soak up some singletrack nicely? 

Have no experience with the R355 apart from seeing them in a shop, but I guess they will be just as solid if not more than their ALU GP brothers?

Well it's still on my bike and I have probably become very used to it by now.  I'll have to take it off and put a normal stem on in order to give you any answer apart from my first impressions on here when I first installed it.

It does what it says - about 20 mm of smooth travel on the bars.   Happy that I have it and if a 20mm quality travel is what you are looking for then this is probably one of the best options out there?   

have you tried the future shock at all ?

I ride one of these, great bike, quite a bit faster than my MTB, but it does not enjoy offroad much.. Edited by 26er

have you tried the future shock at all ?

Not by riding a bike with it -  I did check it out and "played" in shop but it also did not play along with my budget.

Below is a review / comparison between the two ... ?