2019 Amashova

Wannabe

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove along the route today, from the Start until the 45th Cutting turnoff, and recorded the drive with my dash cam. Here’s the footage which is sped up 5 times to reduce it to a 20 minute clip.

After watching this I am proper excited to get on this route again. Not exactly at those speeds unfortunately, 

I drove along the route today, from the Start until the 45th Cutting turnoff, and recorded the drive with my dash cam. Here’s the footage which is sped up 5 times to reduce it to a 20 minute clip.

https://youtu.be/GKvF4P9Xv8E

The hills just aren’t the same in a car, and appears like it’s much flatter. The second half of Fox hill went by in a flash.

without creating too much panic, I think the only "really" bad section is the 12km stretch between Thornville and Umlaas Road, this surface is rough. and then a small patch in Cato Ridge under the bridge.

The rest is okay, just chose your line and stay mostly in the middle of the road

We have teams out on the route the whole week and the potholes are being filled - yesterday they were on Umlaas Road. We are thankful to the roads department for their assistance. Have a lovely ride and see you at the finish!

We have teams out on the route the whole week and the potholes are being filled - yesterday they were on Umlaas Road. We are thankful to the roads department for their assistance. Have a lovely ride and see you at the finish!

While driving along the route yesterday I saw potholes being filled between Cato Ridge and Harrison Flats. Great to see!

That was a nice trip down memory lane for me thanks.

Nervous about riding on the 10 yr old fast rollers. They are just just peeling away at the edge but i am sure this is a made in Taiwan issue. Any thoughts?

Nervous about riding on the 10 yr old fast rollers. They are just just peeling away at the edge but i am sure this is a made in Taiwan issue. Any thoughts?

Conti Gp5000's

anyone able to give a weather update ?

Latest from the organizers (from the Facebook event), gonna be a good time. 

72939726_2678098875590472_91474846333639

Edited by Gr3mlin131

PMB - Very hot on Sunday - peak temps at around 38, wind 7km/h

Hillcrest - 32 deg, wind 13km/h

Westville & Durban about the same - 28 deg, wind 13km/h, gusts 24km/h

Have looked at various weather apps and all seem to be on par, very little wind at the start in PMB.