Tokai Trails

jimmy hardtail

more than this was discussed, but the one trail not on this map is under public comment. It's a good one, though, and will end up removing the drudgery of getting up to the top via the current route. 

a4-map-4-01.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The map is wrong. There is dh2, dh1, dh0 and another one above. The gravel roads are drawn in incorrectly

They're there, it's just rotated 90 deg anti clockwise for some reason. DH 0/1/2/3/4 is red, Snakes (cobra, mamba, boomslang, snake eyes, rinkhals) is Orange, Switchbacks are blue, I think Donkey is purple. But this was a collection of trails that were there (and with Donkey, included) in the EMP in 2016. 

post-3056-0-44619100-1566557499_thumb.png

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

more than this was discussed, but the one trail not on this map is under public comment. It's a good one, though, and will end up removing the drudgery of getting up to the top via the current route. 

Yeah, sorry, meant to post this, was in a bit of a hurry

Yeah, sorry, meant to post this, was in a bit of a hurry

attachicon.gifa4-map-4-01.jpg

Yup, correct. Rinkhals is below Snake Eyes, and exits on Level 1. 

EDIT: Rinkhals is the trail that is on the lhs of your circle. After switchbacks, you climb back up and pass Snake Eyes on your RHS. Rinkhals will go on your LHS down to the lowest jeep track on the mountain. 

There is one bit of jeep track that isn't correct, though. And that's the bit that dissects DH0 as you see it on the map. It should join the Level 4 jeep track a little closer to Silvermine side. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Things are looking up for Tokai. Tokai needs to get with the times, and if the AGM was anything to go by, this is hopefully going to be achieved by new members, stakeholders/interested parties and clubs climbing onboard. Having been quite critical of Tokai lately, I do think that this new & improved governance could well be the key to unlocking all of Tokai's potential and then some.

Edited by IKMagine

A bit of introspection will reveal the real condescension here..

No introspection needed. I was being edgy on purpose.

As an aside, I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

I had my hands full, literally, with the miracle of life.

Super happy with the outcome though. I hope the enhanced group can work well together driving the proposals and making good, cohesive decisions.

• 5 months later...

Not sure where to post this since the original Tokai thread is AWOL

Firstly, I haven't been there since May and am LOVING the updated trails. Kudos to the builders and sponsors

Secondly, Donkey Trail is crazy cool (but I still cant do those 1st three switchbacks)

Thirdly, people riding up the Roller Coaster (Broken Road) are going to cause havoc (if they haven't already). Is there signage discouraging that ?

Firstly, I haven't been there since May and am LOVING the updated trails. Kudos to the builders and sponsors

Secondly, Donkey Trail is crazy cool (but I still cant do those 1st three switchbacks)

Thirdly, people riding up the Roller Coaster (Broken Road) are going to cause havoc (if they haven't already). Is there signage discouraging that ?

Never mind that, I believe there are people running up there. Thats just Darwinism at its finest.

Dunno when last I saw a tokai mtb bakkie up there, but I am sure they are around.

Never mind that, I believe there are people running up there. Thats just Darwinism at its finest.

Dunno when last I saw a tokai mtb bakkie up there, but I am sure they are around.

They are up there every day.

They are up there every day.

yep. It just amazes me, that with all the gates, signs etc. Even patrols, there are still people who run up the trails

Edited by Eddy Gordo

yep. It just amazes me, that with all the gates, signs etc. Even patrols, there are still people who run up the trails

How else do you expect me to do a track walk?

Like this???... :w00t:

post-35907-0-28590300-1581071684_thumb.png

At that time...Mid Jan, there were no signs on the new trail, neither top nor bottom, also encountered a guy pedalling up.....maybe there are signs now?

Last Sunday when I was on my way down the Roller Coaster (Broken Road), a group of about 20 Crysalis Academy peeps where hiking UP the trail. Full backpacks and camping gear. Got my heart rate going a little quicker than it already was.