Cape Epic Route 2020

Lincoln

yes.

I am actually not even riding a S bike...so I am not a brand fan. Just the tires work for me.

I tried Maxxis Ikons but didn't like the grip in front (opinions seems to agree on that). Good for the rear though. The Maxxis options for the front didn't make the robustness/grip/weight balance for me.

I had Contis X-Kings but didn't like the feeling.

RaRa/RoRo are good if you have the money to replace them often. They wear quickly.

The S combi made the best cut for me. Good grip, strong and not too expensive.

are these spaz tyre recommendations legit? 

#askingforafriend  :ph34r:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call Imo on the 2.35, Ikerarri. From what Ive seen, only the potential stage winners hammer the descents at max pace. (Front 4 or 6). The GC bunch are more conservative, and outside the top 20 even more so. Choosimg priotiry should be: cornering traction, puncture resistance, side wall protection, comfort, low rolling resistance, climbing traction, sand traction, cornering traction.

I fixed it for you

☝️ cornering traction importance is relative to how fast you go. Go watch the riders in the second half of the field, they crawl down singletrack, grinding brake corrugations into all the corners.

I ride a minion DHF front and a High Roller 2 rear, both 2.3

• 4 weeks later...

Did I miss something that convicted dopers are now allowed back to ride the Epic? Even the ones that made old mutual/nedbank pull out of sponsoring individual riders?

Think it applies if banned post 2013

Just had a team pick up an entry for free as countries put full travel bans and Epic has zero refund. So they spent the money on a campervan for the week to try avoid the Europeans.