[Event] Eroica South Africa & NOVA Eroica

Stan Engelbrecht

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This is what Eroica is all about. Long lonely roads of the beaten track. Beautiful landscape. Tough riding with like minded people. No stinky attitudes, only friendly brothers.

This picture explains why I ride...

Got our accommodation booked as well! It is so nice to be close to the start / finish. Will combine Teams DJR and Beattbox again and make a lekker gesellige weekend of it.

For a while now (since I gave up the more serious races) I thought that the Cape Town Cycle Tour was my yearly cycling highlight.......not any more........Eroica is now that one "must do" ride. I won't bring a new bike next year though......I must first ride Eroica on the Merckx before I can justify that (also, the house is FULL and I don't want a divorce on my hands)

Got our accommodation booked as well! It is so nice to be close to the start / finish. Will combine Teams DJR and Beattbox again and make a lekker gesellige weekend of it.

For a while now (since I gave up the more serious races) I thought that the Cape Town Cycle Tour was my yearly cycling highlight.......not any more........Eroica is now that one "must do" ride. I won't bring a new bike next year though......I must first ride Eroica on the Merckx before I can justify that (also, the house is FULL and I don't want a divorce on my hands)

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission

• 2 weeks later...

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission

Just got another restored frame back from Jared, thought I would get it past the wife, but failed.........it ended up in her counting the bikes and coming up with one more than I thought I had......the old Alan frame that is in pieces and still need to be bonded back together.......to be honest, I forgot about that.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I've entered and am hoping to do my first Eroica on my '82 Peugeot Classique this year. Does anyone know whether there is bike transport available from Gauteng ?

I have created a Strava club: Eroica South Africa, for those of you that want to join! Only 5 more weeks !

That a Merckx in your profile pic?

No, Alpina I restored last year. Hope to get a Merckx someday.

We have an Alpina in the family and it will be coming along for the 90 km. Watch out: It is called the Orange Explosion, gunmetal rear and orange front. Looking forward to it and hoping to meet a few more BikeHub addicts this year.

2 discounted entry tickets and 3 nights (13th to 16th) bed & breakfast accommodation 750m from the start available. Please PM for further details.

I was keen to do my first one but I see that my modern groupsets and cleats exclude me.

Might look at the Nova but that's a long ride for me

Hi Wayne. I hope you've made a plan with that modern group? Or did you enter NOVA?