What Top 3 Brands Would You Choose

MTB mouse

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well. So I have a question and would like your input.

Been doing some digging since the first topic I posted and have come down to a few brands that I have been looking at for entry level to get started in obtaining some bikes for the family and wanted to know what you gents and ladies think of the list below what would be the top 3 to focus on:

Avalanche

Scott

Giant

Merida

Silverback

Titan

GT

Cannondale

I am a Giant fan due to my experience with my first bike but have also taken a liking to Titan and Scott from what I found for entry level.

Merida, Silverback and Titan would probably give you the best bang for your buck (i.e. have slightly better components at the same price point than the other brands).

That said, without knowing exactly what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend we can't really give you a more detailed answer.

Giant, GT and Merida but that is just because I own at least one bike from those manufacturers. I also have a cannondale but you said 3.

I did see your previous topic but you will need to be a bit more specific on what model from those brands and what components are on it. The quality of the components is just as, if not more important than the brand of frame.  

Thanks for the replies so far gents. I do understand it's more involved then the simple question I asked. I have the understanding of components also being of importance that the bikes are equipped with.

From what I have gathered I am looking at probably R4k - R5k per bike for entry level just from the browsing I have done over the past few days. I have also made contact with several bike shops for quotes which I am waiting for.

If I am not mistaken most of these bikes if not all are equipped with Shimano components when it comes to gear systems, brakes, derailleur etc however having different types of series. Forks, seats, handle bars, frame vary from model to model of course.

If I am not mistaken most of these bikes if not all are equipped with Shimano components when it comes to gear systems, brakes, derailleur etc however having different types of series. Forks, seats, handle bars, frame vary from model to model of course.

Slightly simplifying things here but yes - the brands you are comparing would usually just be the sticker on your frame, most of the other components are shared between all the brands.

I appreciate that some people are wired to do the most possible research before spending their hard earned money but as long as you stay away from the makro/hypermarket types you can't really go wrong with an entry level bike of any of the big name brands so don't stress too much about making the "exact" right decision. 

The far more important decision process will be on the 2nd bike if you happen to like the sport and want to upgrade...

(But by then you would likely have made up your own mind about what you wan't and don't want in a bike)

Better components = more Randelas.

I'd rather ride a Silverback with good parts than a Cannondale with junk. 

Silverback bikes offer a good ride.

Hi guys

Thanks for the advice. Yes I was warned right away from the beginning to stay away from the supermarket types and since then I got to doing research and am still digging up info before making a decision.

Will check out Momsen as well... I did come across that as well.

Later guys