2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clawing back the time on the leaders up the road, could be down to 1min30 by the time the GC guys reach this summit.

Opens the door for Pog to claim bonus seconds and get within pouncing distance of Roglic by the end of this stage...

Looking forward to that bike path!

Pog might have gotten KOM jersey with that sneaky move

Winner of the stage gets 40 points according to the commentator... More than Cosnefroy has at the start of Stage 17 today...

How big a gap to this group of leaders is too big to bridge on the final climb?

20mins.... :devil:

I don't think they will survive the charging GC contenders

Stage 17 summary:

"Both Primoz Roglic and Tadej Pogacar who occupy the first two places of the overall classification spoke about stage 17 as the queen stage of this year’s Tour de France. They’ve recced the unprecedented uphill to col de la Loze. After the lockdown period, the Jumbo-Visma team made Tignes their permanent training camp, so it wasn’t far for Roglic to go to col de la Loze several times. It’s a fairly new road. It’s actually a ski slope that has been recently asphalted for mountain bikes to go from Méribel to Courchevel and vice versa"

This has Roglic written all over it  :P

with a big incentive for Teddy to at least get  the thickness of a tubby in front to gain 4 bonus seconds over Roglic. Its going to be fireworks, unless it isn't

20mins.... [emoji317]

I don't think they will survive the charging GC contenders

Nope they will finish well behind the peloton... think a few riders on a cycle about out front are doing some last prep for Worlds next week.[emoji6]

What is missing is the combined Jersey. That's the one that looked like a hastily cobbled together jersey from offcuts from the other Jerseys. Cant remember when last that jersey was used in LeTour. I reckon Teddy would be wearing it today if it was still part of the show