2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Did you seriously just ask the TDF for their source?

2. This is going to be an interesting dynamic at the ITT. I forgot that there will be KOM points for the climb section.

Reminds me of an interview I listened to years ago with Brian Johnson - singer with AC/DC. The interviewer asked him "how do you get that classic "AC/DC" sound" and Brian replied "well actually being the band AC/DC helps".

[emoji3061]

Oh man.. 3,2,1....

On a more serious note losing a DS so close to Paris is not ideal[emoji102]

seems the reaction of a tired person....but not a great idea to be aggressive towards the UCI etc....seems they took apart the yellow jerseys bike...

1. Did you seriously just ask the TDF for their source?

2. This is going to be an interesting dynamic at the ITT. I forgot that there will be KOM points for the climb section.

had to laugh.....

Prediction for today is for Bhora to try and rip the race apart for one last attempt at Green?

The profile definitely suits their style and it is their last remaining chance to do something. The Cat 4 climb seems like the perfect springboard to try and gap Bennett.

But the fight for the break will be massive.

PS. GC guys can't completely rest on their laurels. Some light wind speeds predicted, anything can happen.

If all is close together at the CAT 4, Tadej might jump to grab the KOM point. Carapaz might well completely target the climbing portion of the ITT tomorrow and give Tadej a good run for his money on those KoM points to take the Polkadot. So Tadej may need every point he can get. Carapaz will thus also want to go for it.

post-27827-0-83664600-1600405260_thumb.png

[emoji3061]

Oh man.. 3,2,1....

On a more serious note losing a DS so close to Paris is not ideal[emoji102]

Update: Zeeman gives his side

Hours after Zeeman's dismissal was announced, late on Thursday night, Jumbo-Visma released a statement giving their side of the story, while Zeeman also took to Twitter to explain.

Zeeman's reacted badly when a UCI employee took apart the crankset of Roglič's bike, damaging it in the process, the team said, adding that the bike was found to be in accordance with UCI regulations.

"The altercation that took place during that check gave the UCI a reason to sanction Merijn severely," read the team's statement. "Merijn made his apologies on the spot and, just like the team, regrets that the discussion has become so heated.

"To be clear: the check showed that the bike of GC leader Roglic was in accordance with the regulations."

Zeeman said that bike checks must be carried out in a reasonable manner, but added that he should have stayed calm and acted in a more respectful way towards the UCI employee.

"I got angry when the commissioner dismounted the crankset from Primož's bike," he said. "We stand for a fair sport and that includes checks, but that must be done in a reasonable way. Despite that, I should have kept myself cool and approached the UCI commissioner in a more respectful way.

"I am devastated, but our yellow dream lives on," he said on Twitter.

Zeeman will stay with the squad in France, but he will "no longer perform official functions within the accredited areas of the race," the team said.

Strange that they UCI are only now looking for 'motors'? I think we are on the verge of a whole way of testing for Bike Doping! It must be carried correctly before somebody  in the team looses there bearings... < see what I did there. :D

Strange that they UCI are only now looking for 'motors'?

Um... Been protocol at major races for nearly three years now...

(and been done haphazardly since 2015...)

Edited by TNT1

..with very tired legs, I can't see any sprinters making up points today. A break of around 8 could just neutro the race for green.... the sprint comes after a Cat4 climb, so it puts it out of reach for Sam,  actually its still a tough stage with weather later playing a part, lets see. A fight for KOM is also brewing. 

Several riders would like to save something for tomorrow, lots still to gain if you dont burn all your candles out today. 

Wouldn't it be great if Impey could sneak a victory, this stage is suitable, but his looking visibly tired in the last few days and so he should be, this years race has been go go go from the start!

seems the reaction of a tired person....but not a great idea to be aggressive towards the UCI etc....seems they took apart the yellow jerseys bike...

Ridiculous if you ask me, **** happens in the heat of the moment, to remove him from the tour, ALSO not cool!

I certainly don't condone shouting at each other, but I can tell you this much, if some idiot damage my bike, he will be very lucky if I only shout at him!

What kind of a dumbass are you if you cant remove a crank without damaging it?

Um... Been protocol at major races for nearly three years now...

(and been done haphazardly since 2015...)

Yeah, for sure but I think it would of been better had they done it before the Alps.. timing has everybody  a little hot headed. 

Yeah, for sure but I think it would of been better had they done it before the Alps.. timing has everybody  a little hot headed. 

I'm almost 100% certain, that, along with doping controls, this was not the first mechanical doping test at this year's TdF.

Yeah, for sure but I think it would of been better had they done it before the Alps.. timing has everybody a little hot headed.

They do bike checks every day..

Again have you been in a slumber [emoji6]

Edited by Gen