2020 Tour de France

pista

And another one[emoji2356]

Rain making things interesting. It'll make for nervous racing I reckon. Riders will have to weigh up the level risk they're willing to go up to.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain making things interesting. It'll make for nervous racing I reckon. Riders will have to weigh up the level risk they're willing to go up to.

Yeah Gerrans was saying that there are a lot of olive trees next to the road and well oil + water = slip and sliding Edited by Gen

And another. 

Siv's looking very tentative, gosh, tough day out today.

He's looking very timid and taking wide lines. These roads soaked in rain are looking very sketchy, alot of drops off on this descent. Hope we're not going to lose riders so early in the race.

Julian A is off. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Yeah Gerrans was saying that there are a lot of olive trees next to the road and well oil + water = slip and sliding

The paint will be slippy as well. Weather conditions making a difficult opening stage even harder. 

The Eurosport commentator reckons the weather might actually help the breakaway nick a win!

Too much money involved for it not to.....

The French government have to prioritize public health at all times at all costs.

????

Couple of crashes on those paint markings. Carlton Kirby struggling on Eurosport / GCN with no other commentators able to feed in so he's been rambling on solo. Got to give him kudos as for a fair time he couldn't hear anything or even know if he was broadcasting or not. Classic first day first chaos all over.  Weather report is sounding like it's going to get worse. A lot of riders drafting behind team cars. Wonder how that will go tonight with end of stage fines. 

Edit: vision of Siv' at the medical car is look pretty poor. Holes on both sides of his kit, doc is checking his wrist but his knee has alot of on it. 

Another massive crash. My word. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Couple of crashes on those paint markings. Carlton Kirby struggling on Eurosport / GCN with no other commentators able to feed in so he's been rambling on solo. Got to give him kudos as for a fair time he couldn't hear anything or even know if he was broadcasting or not. Classic first day first chaos all over.  Weather report is sounding like it's going to get worse. A lot of riders drafting behind team cars. Wonder how that will go tonight with end of stage fines. 

ha ha ha, yeah he's done well to be honest.

Not sure I need this Wiggins Alert bit *whistle*.

Siv is not looking too good, hopefully its just his spirit and not his body.

Seems like that they've sorted some of their issues. Matt Stephens has joined CK and they also just had a Wiggins alert regarding the weather and how the teams are handling it. But Ja First day jitters!!!

Yeah he's not looking to happy. Like you I hope it's more his spirit and not a injury of some sort. 

Also another crash as I type this. 

I agree, those Wiggins sections are a bit 'odd'. 

Looks like Siv' has crashed again with more damage on his left hand side, looks like deep elbow cut. Carnage. Just hope the sprint isn't going to cause more injuries. 

Another crash. 

Landa and Van Art off. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

It’s almost autumn in Europe and that means rain and loads of it.Did these guys really think it was going to be a dry race.

That's the risky thing about the rains on tarmac with oil, grease and other residue on the surface. When the world's best bike handlers crash so many times on a single stage, eish.

Word of the day: treacherous. Neutralisation now at 53 kms to go? Hmmmm. A Tour de France in autumn, hey, what a phenomenon.

Embattled Sivakov way way way back after multiple crashes.

Pic: Getty Images

ARRDN4efSSCAmcwRRpRGpR.jpg

Edited by 'Dale