[Event] MEDIHELP Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2020

Starchboy

Starting in Batch 2E at 6:18am. Hope the weather plays its part.

Tap me on the shoulder when you come past. 

2C for me.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lot of people wait to enter till last minute not to waste money.  Lots wont enter if looks windy or rainy.

yeah, and I might "forget" to set an alarm for sunday 4:30 if the forecast is too hectic... I'd rather waste some money than wake up when my neighbours go to bed to drive 2 hours and hate my life for another 3,5 hours on the bike wondering why I'm doing this... That 2nd half is looking horrible with a massive headwind, better not lose the group... let's see how the forecast looks closer to the time

EDIT : shoe, cat 2 at 6:03, very little time to warmup or earlier alarm  :lol:  :lol:

I'm very new to this seeding thing, do I lose if I skip the race after I entered or only if I'm **** slow and set a bad time ? I wanted to get as many events in the get a decent seeding for the CTCT but it looks like I'm already seeded quite well after only doing the PPA#7 ?

Edited by Jbr

yeah, and I might "forget" to set an alarm for sunday 4:30 if the forecast is too hectic... I'd rather waste some money than wake up when my neighbours go to bed to drive 2 hours and hate my life for another 3,5 hours on the bike wondering why I'm doing this... That 2nd half is looking horrible with a massive headwind, better not lose the group... let's see how the forecast looks closer to the time

EDIT : shoe, cat 2 at 6:03, very little time to warmup or earlier alarm  :lol:  :lol:

I'm very new to this seeding thing, do I lose if I skip the race after I entered or only if I'm **** slow and set a bad time ? I wanted to get as many events in the get a decent seeding for the CTCT but it looks like I'm already seeded quite well after only doing the PPA#7 ?

Seeding index gets penalties if 6 months or older events.  So your sportiff should still have same index by ctct, It takes best imdex of all events

meaning if I do bad at stellies, my seeding will still be based on my top result ?

Anyways not all the races until the CTCT will be that windy.......I hope !

meaning if I do bad at stellies, my seeding will still be based on my top result ?

Yup

Jip top result will count if still within 6 months, so your Sportive #7 will count.

1A for me.

How does this seeding groups compare to CTCT? If I'm 1A here, can I expect to be 1A there as well, or more like 1D at CTCT?

Jip top result will count if still within 6 months, so your Sportive #7 will count.

1A for me.

How does this seeding groups compare to CTCT? If I'm 1A here, can I expect to be 1A there as well, or more like 1D at CTCT?

it seems like its VERY small entry count or massive groups.  Im 2 groups up with worst index...

so to answer question,  1a will be more like 2a/b  in ctct, depending on entry count and group sizes.  ( looking at my results)

So entries closed yesterday, number collection starts tomorrow, yet still no seedings sent out

Late entries available at registration today and tomorrow

R380 for PPA members

R400 for non members

1A for me.

It depends. Seeding Index is seeding Index. Where races have smaller groups they will still seed you according to your index. It's only in bigger races where the overflow of up country and international rides may result in you dropping a group or two or three.

1A for Stellenbosch should result in at worst a 1C CTCT

Can only improve on your seeding by doing the race. If you do badly, then it's just a training ride, but if you don't do that badly it could be good for your seeding as if it's windy, the beta should be a lot higher than previous years.

It depends. Seeding Index is seeding Index. Where races have smaller groups they will still seed you according to your index. It's only in bigger races where the overflow of up country and international rides may result in you dropping a group or two or three.

1A for Stellenbosch should result in at worst a 1C CTCT

My 1c sct last year was 1f  at ctct.  This year my index is worst with better start group in sct, so that why i guess 2a/b, if low ctct entry count maybe 1e/f.    But ive often been proven wrong  :whistling:

edit: notice now was 1a last time, was late for start so fell back to 1c.   So 1a was 1f at ctct

Edited by Karman de Lange

Can only improve on your seeding by doing the race. If you do badly, then it's just a training ride, but if you don't do that badly it could be good for your seeding as if it's windy, the beta should be a lot higher than previous years.

cool thanks ! considering I did most of the race alone at Sportive#7 there are chances that I improve my seeding, if I can stay with the group, cause I feel I'm a bit high for my current level but let's see on the day, worst case scenario, I can still wait for the next group if I'm dropped

Edited by Jbr

cool thanks ! considering I did most of the race alone at Sportive#7 there are chances that I improve my seeding, if I can stay with the group, cause I feel I'm a bit high for my current level but let's see on the day, worst case scenario, I can still wait for the next group if I'm dropped

the groups ALL split up hells and most of time the big boys catch the skinny guys about 30km further.  

i just normally go full balls up hells (i truly suck on hills) and rest till T junction (all downhill) then help out till we catch rest of bunches then try recover and conserve energy for last three climbs.