Cyclists needed for Ground breaking study

Carey Seady

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very suspicious and in fact run for my life if i walked in without an appointment and the mechanic would say "no problem i have time right now"

Depends on what problem you're walking in with really. 

Edit: I think I'm losing it, replied to this thinking it's in the thread complaining about bad service at an LBS, then saw which thread I was actually in, then read it again, then just gave up because my head hurt.

Edited by piotter

I think one can get a venue and everyone just pitches with his / her kit - I have seen some group rides that have done that before (their vleisboek group) 

Bikehub group workout? Once they release an Android app...

Depends on what problem you're walking in with really. 

Edit: I think I'm losing it, replied to this thinking it's in the thread complaining about bad service at an LBS, then saw which thread I was actually in, then read it again, then just gave up because my head hurt.

same here head hurts , need to go cycling to clear up

Fanie... Dude, there are better ways of dealing with whatever you’re going through, that amount of time on an IDT is crazy.  :blink: I would rather have multiple muscle biopsy’s before spending that much time on something that sole design was around smashing ones nuts to pieces.

I managed 2h44 once on the IDT, that was hell.

Did an hour earlier and fsck that sh!t, it’s soul destroying.

This is mad that you added the climbs in when you could have just smashed the flat loop!

The 100mile is still on the to do list, but i have done two x 100km... One in Richmond and one in watopia.

Most I've done was 120km with more than 2000m clmbing. Did 5 Tour of Watopia stages in one sitting, Starting with Jon's Mix and finishing with the Alpe du Zwift stage. Took me more than 4 hours. Aftwerwards my nose dried out and my lips burnt from the sweat, skin felt like soap. NEVER AGAIN! Maybe just for the 100 miler badge someday, but then never again!

I enquired and got sent the details of the procedure...

"A local anesthetic (1% xylocaine) will be injected and when numb, 3 small cuts
(each about 1 cm long) will be made through the skin using a scalpel (two on one leg and 1 one the other). Two of these will be closed and a bandage applied. On the 3rd cut,
a biopsy will be done immediately, by inserting a special biopsy needle through the cut
into the muscle. You will feel almost nothing up to this point. A small sample of muscle,
about the size of 2 match-heads"

...and that's where I stopped reading

...and that's where I stopped reading

So two cuts just for funsies and then punch a hole in the muscle and remove a chunk?  And people willingly sign up for this?  

I enquired and got sent the details of the procedure...

"A local anesthetic (1% xylocaine) will be injected and when numb, 3 small cuts

(each about 1 cm long) will be made through the skin using a scalpel (two on one leg and 1 one the other). Two of these will be closed and a bandage applied. On the 3rd cut,

a biopsy will be done immediately, by inserting a special biopsy needle through the cut

into the muscle.

Got to about here and I am not going near them, good luck to the people not terrified of needles.