Cyclists needed for Ground breaking study

Carey Seady

I enquired and got sent the details of the procedure...

"A local anesthetic (1% xylocaine) will be injected and when numb, 3 small cuts
(each about 1 cm long) will be made through the skin using a scalpel (two on one leg and 1 one the other). Two of these will be closed and a bandage applied. On the 3rd cut,
a biopsy will be done immediately, by inserting a special biopsy needle through the cut
into the muscle. You will feel almost nothing up to this point. A small sample of muscle,
about the size of 2 match-heads"

...and that's where I stopped reading

You've got to really really really reallllllyyyy want the "receive a free consultation with a sports dietitian for a nutritional analysis and eating plan" to go this route :eek: 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to about here and I am not going near them, good luck to the people not terrified of needles.

Did a trial there they took blood and then injected saline solution at various intervals, around 10 times. That was no problem. Having to get a local so they can make incisions and then cut out bits of muscle through the incisions was a bit much though!

I enquired and got sent the details of the procedure...

"A local anesthetic (1% xylocaine) will be injected and when numb, 3 small cuts

(each about 1 cm long) will be made through the skin using a scalpel (two on one leg and 1 one the other). Two of these will be closed and a bandage applied. On the 3rd cut,

a biopsy will be done immediately, by inserting a special biopsy needle through the cut

into the muscle. You will feel almost nothing up to this point. A small sample of muscle,

about the size of 2 match-heads"

...and that's where I stopped reading

Bloody hell! I'd do it for R20k!

You've got to really really really reallllllyyyy want the "receive a free consultation with a sports dietitian for a nutritional analysis and eating plan" to go this route :eek: 

ppffftttt....would rather join that vegan thread and movement  :ph34r:

I am going in next week [emoji33]

Hi guys! Was there on Monday and all went well. It is probably one of the more intrusive studies in terms of the muscle biopsies, but if you were thinking about it, give it a go!

You will meet some great people and you can ask any questions you want.

Do it for science [emoji106]