SRAM NX Eagle

Dissipline

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked. Bottom jockey wheel was dragging. Bearing opened, cleaned and greased. All good again.

I will speak to Mark to find out if there is a better solution.  Possibly a sealed bearing ?

I will speak to Mark to find out if there is a better solution. Possibly a sealed bearing ?

Not a bad idea. On the other hand though, your bearing will though then likely outlast the nylon of the jockey wheel?

Well glad I am not the only one, my rear kockey wheels “exploded” came of on a ride luckily was able to get find jockey wheels and bearing and do temp fix with bottle cage bolt as it seems mine broke off could use it again. But i noticed now after being at LBS that it looks like jokey wheels are sitting skew not sure if its bent only replaced the jokey wheels. But must say i had the NX for about 2000km before this happend

Typing this next to the road as I wait for my wife to come and fetch me...

Second Eagle NX derailleur to disintegrate on me in 6 months. I'm so over this NX crap, completely unreliable and shifting a bit finicky after a while. The chain also had to be replaced within a year (about 2.5k km)

Stay away if you want my opinion

NX AND Gx complete trash . Don’t even bother with this low end **** rather stay on 11 speed or cough up for XO or XX

Typing this next to the road as I wait for my wife to come and fetch me...

Second Eagle NX derailleur to disintegrate on me in 6 months. I'm so over this NX crap, completely unreliable and shifting a bit finicky after a while. The chain also had to be replaced within a year (about 2.5k km)

Stay away if you want my opinion

Don't have much to say about NX, but 2500km for a chain is pretty good.

NX AND Gx complete trash . Don’t even bother with this low end **** rather stay on 11 speed or cough up for XO or XX

Got GX Eagle on the one bike, XO1 11spd on the other. The GX Eagle performs just as well as XO1 11spd, if not a bit better. Can't comment on NX, but GX Eagle is pretty dam good in my opinion - 4000km and no issues so far.

I been running GX Eagle 1 X 12 for nearly 2 years now. Installed it myself, never had a moments trouble with it, changes like butter.

Its all in the installation and setup - follow the instructions to the letter and you wont have issues, also make sure your chain length is done correctly. If you ever remove the jockey wheels, make sure they go back exactly as they came off.

Got GX Eagle on the one bike, XO1 11spd on the other. The GX Eagle performs just as well as XO1 11spd, if not a bit better. Can't comment on NX, but GX Eagle is pretty dam good in my opinion - 4000km and no issues so far.

Been thru 2 derailer a cassette and 2 chains in 12 months

Been thru 2 derailer a cassette and 2 chains in 12 months

How many kms? Seems like you're doing something wrong unless you are riding big distance...

The only place I splash out a bit is on an XX1 chain, they are worth the extra $$ - takes alot of km before they stretch.

My GX Eagle setup has been great... Just bought another GX Eagle derailleur to replace the sploded NX derailleur.

Don't have much to say about NX, but 2500km for a chain is pretty good.

Ok. Certain my XT chain lasted much longer. But I can live with that, it's the derailleur hangers made of glass that's my real frustration.

Few people suggested GX so will try that

How many kms? Seems like you're doing something wrong unless you are riding big distance...

The only place I splash out a bit is on an XX1 chain, they are worth the extra $$ - takes alot of km before they stretch.

Dont ride that much about 3 rides a week.  My riding habits havent changed from my previous bike, i had xt on that and never had a issue after 4 years .  Bike shop owner said to me GX is not quality and wears out very quickly.  My one derailer literally exploded the other one got bent maybe i hit a rock not sure.  Ive upgraded to xo so far all good.  But i think shimano is much more durable , based on past products ive used.  

I have to say I've not had any issues at all with the NX on my bike for about a year now. No rear mech problems, chain is still going on and just works. Having seen the threads here and elsewhere I'd probably go XT now Hope do the micro spline free hubs. Only got the NX as it was on special for Sub R4K all in with cranks etc so hasn't been a bad investment so far but if it stuff a wheel or other parts when it fails I'd be pretty annoyed. 

With all the issues have SRAM made any comment / recall / warranty fix?