Mtb rims

rogerdias

That looks like a carbon Scott so the hubs should be rebranded dt swiss. They are not bad at all had a set on my Scott only reason I changed was for wider rims.

Could go for Enduro bearings will make a little difference but tyre choice as mentioned before will also make a difference. And make sure the freebody is greased and that the wheels run freely.

I got myself new rubber ardent 2,35 infront and crossmark 2,25 in the back,taking it for service and let them check all the bearings.ill take it to linden cycles and ask them,

You're probably suffering from slow tyre syndrome, BUT in all seriousness, the stock rims that come on those bikes aren't amazing, and an upgrade will serve you well.

If it was my money, I'd build a whole new set, and keep the stock wheels as a spare set for emergencies, or with slicks for road riding.

You can get a new wheel set with DT Swiss, Hope, or equivalent hubs and carbon rims, at 1500-1600g, for around R16k, or an alloy rimmed set for around R11k.

You're probably suffering from slow tyre syndrome, BUT in all seriousness, the stock rims that come on those bikes aren't amazing, and an upgrade will serve you well.

If it was my money, I'd build a whole new set, and keep the stock wheels as a spare set for emergencies, or with slicks for road riding.

You can get a new wheel set with DT Swiss, Hope, or equivalent hubs and carbon rims, at 1500-1600g, for around R16k, or an alloy rimmed set for around R11k.

Thank u for input,what u think of Mavic crossmark st?

Thank u for input,what u think of Mavic crossmark st?

As a cyclist, Mavics are generally good wheels.

As a wheel builder, I don't like them, as they use too many proprietary parts which can require non-standard tools to work on, and specific Mavic parts which are often hard to source.

If it's rolling resistance on the road just put some Chaoyang Viper 1.75 tubeless tires on. 3 bar, problem solved.

They offer about as much grip on the trails as Crossmarks and a little less than Ikons.........