Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Had to put a tube in last Friday ... never topped up the Stanz before December Cederberg, and completely forgot that I had to put a tube in on holiday and never sorted it  ... long story short, I was just done with the changing, almost finished pumping when a dude pulled up next to me in his car. Thought maybe he has a big pump, or maybe he'd offer to pump the last bit for me ... but he just stopped, checked it out a few seconds, remarked 'sh*t happens' and drove off   :huh:

clearly looked like you knew what you were doing and this guy could not add anything positive (you probably showed you know more about fixing a flat than him) so he had to hi tail out of there

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like endomondo had a problem this morning.

Kept telling me network error on my phone.

Seems sorted now.

Butterflies up north as well.

Was close to Baltimore today for work and they were streaming across the road.

Had a fair bit off wind today.

Glad I dont have to fly in it like they do.

It's the annual white butterfly migration here in Jozi this week.

Workload didn't allow me to cycle through the Spruit this week, but even on pavements next to busy roads I cycled between and through clouds of them yesterday. Every weed-flower next to the road packed with butterflies feeding before continuing.

I googled those butterflies. They coming from the flipping west coast!! And end up near Mozambique. One article I read said they have even been tracked as far as Madagascar!! That's a long way to fly. Not sure what the loss ratio is but they even get stuck in my house and the cats chow them.

Slowly creeping my way into contention.

I hope these new guys to the party are all fair weather commuters....

Winter will tell .... I predict a cold and wet winter, and I also predict to see good snow on the mountains this year .... can feel it in my bones and all my old war scars are saying the same.

Hi Commuters

I'm new to this and had a good read through all the comments.

In the North it seems the rain is a problem, but in the Western Cape the wind was killing me this January

The wind will become your friend, the harder you ride into the wind, the easier it is!

Hi Commuters

In the North it seems the rain is a problem, but in the Western Cape the wind was killing me this January

What wind Louis!!! Eventually you won't even notice the wind anymore!!  :whistling:

The wind will become your friend, the harder you ride into the wind, the easier it is!

This is true. Also less chance of being blown off your bike, or worse, into traffic.

Hi Commuters

Louis Coetzee from Western Cape, what are the odds? Let me whatsapp the Louis I know and see if you the same person.

EDIT: Not you.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Hi Commuters

leave the straps on your backpack loose so that they flick around and behave like a horse whip in the wind. Keeps you motivated.

, the harder you ride into the wind, the easier it is!

don't believe everything Hairy says ... rather find yourself a gear where your quads don't burn, grab the drops .. and spin.  ;)

Hairy sadly only have one gear .... but it doesn't have to  be like that  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :D  :D  :D

... but the wind will become your friend  :P

don't believe everything Hairy says ... rather find yourself a gear where your quads don't burn, grab the drops .. and spin.  ;)

Hairy sadly only have one gear .... but it doesn't have to  be like that  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :D  :D  :D

... but the wind will become your friend  :P

my one gear is a 53x16t setup, so I have not option but to push hard or fall over :P

Make no mistake, the wind can blow by us.

Maybe not Cape Town, bit still bad.

My hubname comes from my email when we were still do smallscale farming.

The farm was named Wildwind Heritage Farm.

It is open plains by us with very little trees to break the wind

Enjoy