Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one extra ride of 5km, otherwise all commutes. I am going to suffer at CTCT............. <_<

Capture.PNG

90% of my training is commutes. So if I'm not able to ride on a weekend, my training doesn't really suffer.

But I live in the south, so very easy to add structure, distance and hills to my commutes, both morning and afternoon.

I'm sure we've heard this last year towards the end of the year when there was no danger about you being a contender for podium - and we all know how THAT turned out :P

Hehehe. Well honestly though, Jan has started slow for me. I'll upload all my rides and see where I'm at. No more silent assassin this year lol

Thanks to tubeless I was able to get home yesterday without needing to stop and repair anything on the side of the road. Heard the screw scraping every time it touched the road, stopped, saw it, wasn't loosing pressure so carried on. Got home and the tyre was still pretty hard.

post-58906-0-02324900-1580364459_thumb.pngpost-58906-0-72040100-1580364468_thumb.pngpost-58906-0-32447400-1580364479_thumb.png

Thanks to tubeless I was able to get home yesterday without needing to stop and repair anything on the side of the road. Heard the screw scraping every time it touched the road, stopped, saw it, wasn't loosing pressure so carried on. Got home and the tyre was still pretty hard.

Love tubeless ....  best thing ever for commuting.     ;) 
See your tires is still new, I dread having to replace well used tires on my commuter – nothing goes like bald/smooth tires …..  :ph34r:  :D 

Love tubeless ....  best thing ever for commuting.     ;) 
See your tires is still new, I dread having to replace well used tires on my commuter – nothing goes like bald/smooth tires …..  :ph34r:  :D 

Yeah I got them March last year. I am hunting for new(used) wheels for my 26" and being tubeless is not negotiable. Last thing I need/want is to be stuck on the side of the road fixing a puncture all alone. I also spend a lot of my commute literally in the gutter of the road so I often pick up glass and small bits of wire but very seldom big screws like this. Road over a nail once that went and scratched the inside of the rim badly and then went and ripped the sidewall. I had to walk home and donate that tyre to the dogs.

Yeah I got them March last year. I am hunting for new(used) wheels for my 26" and being tubeless is not negotiable. Last thing I need/want is to be stuck on the side of the road fixing a puncture all alone. I also spend a lot of my commute literally in the gutter of the road so I often pick up glass and small bits of wire but very seldom big screws like this. Road over a nail once that went and scratched the inside of the rim badly and then went and ripped the sidewall. I had to walk home and donate that tyre to the dogs.

Had to put a tube in last Friday ... never topped up the Stanz before December Cederberg, and completely forgot that I had to put a tube in on holiday and never sorted it  ... long story short, I was just done with the changing, almost finished pumping when a dude pulled up next to me in his car. Thought maybe he has a big pump, or maybe he'd offer to pump the last bit for me ... but he just stopped, checked it out a few seconds, remarked 'sh*t happens' and drove off   :huh:

... but he just stopped, checked it out a few seconds, remarked 'sh*t happens' and drove off   :huh:

i am speechless  :mellow:

It's the annual white butterfly migration here in Jozi this week.

Workload didn't allow me to cycle through the Spruit this week, but even on pavements next to busy roads I cycled between and through clouds of them yesterday. Every weed-flower next to the road packed with butterflies feeding before continuing.