Which site for power training, indoor and outdoors

Jbr

Hey everyone, I'm a bit of a noob here, I've been a paying subscriber on Zwift for a while and only bought a proper power meter recently to be able to read my numbers on the road as well.

First surprise, my readings on the inpower crank are much higher than on my tacx trainer so it looks like I'm gonna use my powermeters data for both so that it's more consistent. So what I do is I record all my activites on my garmin with my inpower's data, and zwift/sufferfest record the data from the tacx trainer (which sometimes 20% down from the garmin, despite the garmin not pausing when I stop pedaling)

My question is now : what would you recommend me to use to help me decide what to do each day ? I mean some days I'm gonna race on zwift, some days I'm gonna go out for coffee rides but I'd like to have a tool that suggests me what to do on the days I can workout on my own : giving me intervals or suggesting me to recover or whatever, to optimise my training.

Sufferfest seems to offer a calendar according to a deadline (like the CTCT in my case), but only suggesting workouts to do on SUF, not outdoors.

A friend mentionned Xert, but I have to say, it's not the easiest service to understand... It seems you can use their workouts on your Garmin, so on the trainer or outside which is cool, but I haven't found how Xert recommends you certain workouts over others according to your current form / fitness / training load ?

I'm not in a huge rush to go train outside as I broke my forearm less than 2 weeks ago so for now I can only use the trainer, but I'd like to start training more seriously and with more consistency asap

Edited by Jbr

I also use Zwift a lot and recently went the TrainerRoad route.

I find the training programs easy to follow and easy to adjust to fit in with your lifestyle. I am only a month in but really enjoying it.

Nice thing is you can opt to push the workout to your Garmin and do the session as an outdoor session.

I connect to Zwift and TrainerRoad at the same time so you still get the social part of Zwift combined with the structured training from TR.

Only thing that's a bit crap is no trial period so you have to sign up from the start.

Jbr, PM me you email address then I can send you a referral, which gives you a month of free access on TR. It's a really good app for structured training.

cool one more service to try :D

Thanks ;)

I did the trial and have now signed up for Xert. Was quite impressed once I read through some of the documentation explaining focus, XSS, HIE, MPA, TP and LTP. The adaptive training advisor is also pretty cool, since it learns you training pattern/schedule, looks at your goals and fatigue, then advises a workout.

A friend mentionned Xert

Obviously that friend was you ;) I'm just having a hard time understanding how to get that adaptative training advisor, I'll check again tonight ! 

So I assume for Xert I'll need a garmin computer to follow de workouts, doesn't seem to work on a garmin watch ? There's probably an app for the computer for now as I'm stuck on the trainer ?

Which Tacx trainer are you using?

The flow, but I think Donovan is using a much higher end tacx and has the exact same problem

okay awesome I see the recommended workouts on Xert and I can import them into Zwift which is cool, except when there's loadshedding... Too bad we can't import them in Garmin Watch // The workout feature is so trash on the watch (couldn't find how to customise the datascreen for workouts...)

Guess I'm gonna have to invest in a Garmin Edge, this cycling thing is starting to be expensive :D

Anyone wanting to try TrainerRoad for free for a month just PM me. Think I’ve got 3 or 4 referral codes you can use.

I’m a huge fan of TR, love being able to do workouts inside or outside depending on my time available and the weather.

Anyone wanting to try TrainerRoad for free for a month just PM me. Think I’ve got 3 or 4 referral codes you can use.

I’m a huge fan of TR, love being able to do workouts inside or outside depending on my time available and the weather.

hallo could you please send me a TR referral code if you don't mind.

I would appreciate it.

Thank you