Tygerberg MTB Club Trails

JasonS

Tygerberg MTB Club  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of the club?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, because most of the 150km of the trails are generally speaking, smooth as tar.
  2. 2. If you answered No to Q1: If TMTB was more open to the suggestions of it's members iro the technical nature of the trails, would you consider becoming a member?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am a member
  3. 3. If you answered Yes to Q1: Would you like to see more of your membership fees spent on increasing the variety of the trail network?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A: I am not a member

Maybe so - butthurt got whipped out on the thread that was closed though - so "He started it!"

If Thermo's job is stats - he'll know that the poll has zero credibility as a basis of any argument. I'm not a a statistician and the little training I had is so rusty I wouldn't know a one way anova from it's cousin but I know how to design research surveys so I'll feel free to lecture about that. Been a lecturer in a previous incarnation of my career so it's part of what I do. 

STFU and butthurt if addressed to me gets short shrift almost any day of the week.

Apart from telling Thermo that I think he's whining about his cause rather than doing anything constructive on the thread (a comment I think accurate) I've made more than a handful of informed inputs on what kind of approach may yield results.

@mamil.

This was the 3rd post of yours in this thread, and immediately you're taking pot shots at thermophage, insinuating that he's a whingy attention seeking whatsit who is throwing his toys out the cot.

Stop. Take a breath, read and u deratand what we're posting, and stop escalating the situation. You've been caustic and condescending since this post, on a matter that YOU ADMIT you've not got the back story on.

It's not ayoba. The reason Thermo called you "butthurt" is because you came out with the condescension and insults before even understanding the situation, and you've previously done exactly the same on other Tygerberg threads. Just because we're criticising certain aspects of the club, it doesn't mean we're criticising the whole entity.

As an aside, Thermo's job IS stats. I'd advise holding up on the lecturing a bit, too.

Yes, this post may appear condescending, and I apologise if it comes across like that. I just see an escalating situation where you're constantly throwing fuel on the fire.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so - butthurt got whipped out on the thread that was closed though - so "He started it!"

If Thermo's job is stats - he'll know that the poll has zero credibility as a basis of any argument. I'm not a a statistician and the little training I had is so rusty I wouldn't know a one way anova from it's cousin but I know how to design research surveys so I'll feel free to lecture about that. Been a lecturer in a previous incarnation of my career so it's part of what I do.

STFU and butthurt if addressed to me gets short shrift almost any day of the week.

Apart from telling Thermo that I think he's whining about his cause rather than doing anything constructive on the thread (a comment I think accurate) I've made more than a handful of informed inputs on what kind of approach may yield results.

For exactly the same reasons as stated previously. Not reading to understand what has been posted, but reading to find argument, without actually understanding the background or the body of the post.

You have, but they've almost all been finished off with a snap, jibe or something similar. Your post re the survey construction was great, but you had to ruin it all in the last sentence by throwing yet more fuel on the fire.

Can we all just drop it, now?

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Let's see. 

For exactly the same reasons as stated previously. Not reading to understand what has been posted, but reading to find argument, without actually understanding the background or the body of the post.

You have, but they've almost all been finished off with a snap, jibe or something similar.

You have, but they've almost all been finished off with a snap, jibe or something similar. Your post re the survey construction was great, but you had to ruin it all in the last sentence by throwing yet more fuel on the fire.

I dunno man, what about poor Jew and Monkey, how will they be entertained for the evening?

Anyway  Ma, working with stats every day is exactly why I have said what I have said already about this poll.

You went from "bah" to an essay rather fast. That bridge must have some superpowers!

So yes, let the rest of us drop it, but you can still STFU.

What an unmitigated pratt. It is unlikely I will get on with you.

I dunno man, what about poor Jew and Monkey, how will they be entertained for the evening?

Anyway  Ma, working with stats every day is exactly why I have said what I have said already about this poll.

You went from "bah" to an essay rather fast. That bridge must have some superpowers!

post-3056-0-22106000-1582387400.gif

Cmon, Cupcakes

No more keyboard warrior stuff

Meet tomorrow at dawn on top of Hoogies

Finish this once and for all

Dusk! Mornigns are for sleeping!

And I have a handicap atm :(

It's not gnarly enough for Thermo!

Besides - in that domain I doubt I can hold my own - from what I hear he needs big rocks to get his off.

Cmon, Cupcakes

No more keyboard warrior stuff

Meet tomorrow at dawn on top of Hoogies
Finish this once and for all

It's not gnarly enough for Thermo!

Besides - in that domain I doubt I can hold my own - from what I hear he needs big rocks to get his off.

Hey, maybe you can help me get my rock off? I hear your type likes to remove them from the trails?

I'll also have you know...man you gotta carry on with that reading so we don't need to keep teaching you...that I like Hoogies.

Also....easy to fall on any trail...example :P

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo4X7ZjAoMV/

Mwah my friend, enjoy the rest of the evening with your bridge :)

And here I thought you didn't have any stones

Don't get your bridge jibe - but I'll take a bridge anyday over the wall you hurt your butt / head ... whichever on.

Hey, maybe you can help me get my rock off? I hear your type likes to remove them from the trails?

I'll also have you know...man you gotta carry on with that reading so we don't need to keep teaching you...that I like Hoogies.

Muishond's wheeze-laugh always gets me!!!

And here I thought you didn't have any stones

Don't get your bridge jibe - but I'll take a bridge anyday over the wall you hurt your butt / head ... whichever on.

Great news. Enjoy that, hope it doesn't get too cOLD  :whistling:

Sigh. That's disappointing.

Have you actually read Thermo's posts? Let's not pretend any side of the discussion here can claim the moral high ground when it comes to throwing around insults...

What I would add here CFM - you have been around on the hub and with the club. You know how sensitive the club is to bad "publicity" on social media (way too sensitive imho but that is how it is), yet here we are - another thread bashing the club, even going as far as bashing their route signage (imo the term "pick your battles" would be very apt here).

You guys know the club would be aware of this thread, how much sympathy do you really expect when you approach them with your poll results? If your goal is just to air your frustrations -  well done, if you actually want to see changes you are going to have to do this differently.

Is that die Muishond? Sounds like he couldn't breathe he was laughing so hard.

Muishond's wheeze-laugh always gets me!!!