Zwift: Tour de Lockdown

Harryn

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode this morning before work.

It makes 7 days in a row now. Aiming for the full 21.

well done. I am just aiming for 1000km and 10000m elevation

I am a bit behind due to work but I will pick up again 

Damnit! I was really looking forward to riding with you guys. I was on the trainer and pedalling away when the JOIN GROUP button flashed up. I pressed it then watched my screen glitch until the event started without me... I reckon Zwift is a little tight on bandwidth at the moment!

Awesome ride! My wifi dropped at 5km to go. Sweaty cleat clunk around the house to reboot router, and voila, no dnf. But i lost you guys.

@eldron i am sure i saw you at the start, then you vanished!!

For the life of me I could not figure it out.

I saw the minutes counting down and then, nothing... Maybe my internet was slow? Or my impatience was the problem?

I think I tried joining you a couple times harryn, but to no avail...

So if I'm on the Swift start screen and I see that I've 'joined' an event, will the event just automatically start?

For the life of me I could not figure it out.

I saw the minutes counting down and then, nothing... Maybe my internet was slow? Or my impatience was the problem?

I think I tried joining you a couple times harryn, but to no avail...

So if I'm on the Swift start screen and I see that I've 'joined' an event, will the event just automatically start?

No,it won’t auto start like the official zwift rides do.

Be sure to be logged in and on your trainer 10 mins before the start time. Then just start riding. 5 minutes a blue button saying “join meet up” will appear on the bottom left hand side of the screen. Click it to join and your’e in!

But be sure to log in early, as Zwift is a bit buggy at the moment, with the whole world on it. Can take a while to log in. I have also experienced quite a few dropouts lately.

Anyway, looking forward to riding with you at the next one!

No,it won’t auto start like the official zwift rides do.

Be sure to be logged in and on your trainer 10 mins before the start time. Then just start riding. 5 minutes a blue button saying “join meet up” will appear on the bottom left hand side of the screen. Click it to join and your’e in!

But be sure to log in early, as Zwift is a bit buggy at the moment, with the whole world on it. Can take a while to log in. I have also experienced quite a few dropouts lately.

Anyway, looking forward to riding with you at the next one!

Ahh ok, and then I'm guessing it doesn't matter in which 'world' I started riding in 10min early?

Looking forward to the next event!

Ahh ok, and then I'm guessing it doesn't matter in which 'world' I started riding in 10min early?

Ya, it doesn’t matter. It will automatically switch to whatever world we are riding in once you click to join.

My advice would be to start in the world you will be meeting the group. I started in the "wrong" world and hit the "join group" button but it took longer than 5 mins to move to the other world so I missed the start.

Like Harry said I think the Zwift servers are under strain and not very forgiving of slow connections and broken undersea cables at the moment.

anybody doing the Haute Route stage race? Looks like it is going to hurt

Nope. I'm going ride outdoors this weekend  :clap:

Do I feel guilty saying that? Nah - I've been on Danish winter lockdown for months now  :devil:  :devil:

anybody doing the Haute Route stage race? Looks like it is going to hurt

No I want to enjoy my zwift sessions.

I did an early morning session this morning, because friday beers

No I want to enjoy my zwift sessions.

I did an early morning session this morning, because friday beers

Im gonna try it. need the elevation for my personal challenge.

Ill do beers when I am done, If I have any strength to lift the bottle afterwards

Im gonna try it. need the elevation for my personal challenge.

Ill do beers when I am done, If I have any strength to lift the bottle afterwards

I'm also doing it - 7759 riders signed up for the 18h00 event so far :eek:

I'm also doing it - 7759 riders signed up for the 18h00 event so far :eek:

jeez this was rough. I was bleeding from the eyeballs after the radio tower climb