Zwift: Tour de Lockdown

Harryn

Finally decided to ride inside rather than my allotted outside time, Parks are all closed and riding oursife just feels wrong now.

If you are on Zwift, hit me up. Keen to join some rides.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay , thanks.

If you feel like expanding on the depends bit that’ll be great, or no problem.

Edited by The Ghost

Okay , thanks.

If you feel like expanding on the depends bit that’ll be great, or no problem.

Some people don't like Zwift's "cartoony" look, or are put off by the powerups, etc. Plus the app can be temperamental with picking up (or more importantly, staying connected to) your sensors.

The update on March 27 broke quite a few things on the Android platform, which thankfully they fixed yesterday.

But I think purely in terms of the number of users, Zwift is probably easily the biggest. This morning when I checked the companion app, there were over 28 000 people riding at the time. Been a regular thing the last week or two.

Some of the other apps use high-quality videos of real routes, which can also be quite cool. We did a Rouvy hub ride last week, which was fun.

Some people don't like Zwift's "cartoony" look, or are put off by the powerups, etc. Plus the app can be temperamental with picking up (or more importantly, staying connected to) your sensors.

The update on March 27 broke quite a few things on the Android platform, which thankfully they fixed yesterday.

But I think purely in terms of the number of users, Zwift is probably easily the biggest. This morning when I checked the companion app, there were over 28 000 people riding at the time. Been a regular thing the last week or two.

Some of the other apps use high-quality videos of real routes, which can also be quite cool. We did a Rouvy hub ride last week, which was fun.

Thanks that’s helpful.

Which do you prefer and how is Rouvy by comparison?

Edited by The Ghost

Thanks that’s helpful.

Which do you prefer and how is Rouvy by comparison?

I mostly use Zwift.

The video routes on Rouvy are great, especially if you want to ride a specific Tour de France climb, etc. And the AR feature is quite nifty, with the 3D objects overlaid onto the video.

But I don't always feel like climbing for an hour, and the flat routes don't seem as good; I don't always want to spend 10 minutes trying to decide which route I want to ride, which distance. Stupid, I know, but Zwift just seems easier to just jump on and start riding.

All the platforms are really pushing the esports racing thing now, with for example Rouvy having partnerships with the Tour du Suisse and Ironman, so things should just get better and better.

I mostly use Zwift.

The video routes on Rouvy are great, especially if you want to ride a specific Tour de France climb, etc. And the AR feature is quite nifty, with the 3D objects overlaid onto the video.

But I don't always feel like climbing for an hour, and the flat routes don't seem as good; I don't always want to spend 10 minutes trying to decide which route I want to ride, which distance. Stupid, I know, but Zwift just seems easier to just jump on and start riding.

All the platforms are really pushing the esports racing thing now, with for example Rouvy having partnerships with the Tour du Suisse and Ironman, so things should just get better and better.

Cool thanks.

It’s not stupid at all, it makes perfect sense.

I have a question for all the smart people out there.

So I know you cant really compare your virtual ride times to actual cycling times, but it sure does give a good workout

I really want to try and do the 94.7 in a sub 4 this year, any Idea on what I should focus on during my lockdown IDT sessions?

I have a question for all the smart people out there.

So I know you cant really compare your virtual ride times to actual cycling times, but it sure does give a good workout

I really want to try and do the 94.7 in a sub 4 this year, any Idea on what I should focus on during my lockdown IDT sessions?

check out the training plans on zwift

FFS. My wifey also has a Zwift meetup group, and our times are clashing....

She accepted her invite before me, so I guess she wins... This could be detrimental for training harmony going forward.....

FFS. My wifey also has a Zwift meetup group, and our times are clashing....

She accepted her invite before me, so I guess she wins... This could be detrimental for training harmony going forward.....

So THAT is why there are more cases of domestic violence these days...

If I had a dedicated room for training, I would get my wife her own basic smart trainer, but alas.

So THAT is why there are more cases of domestic violence these days...

If I had a dedicated room for training, I would get my wife her own basic smart trainer, but alas.

I think is till have the puppy-dog-eyes down, as she conceded, and decided to rather carry on working.

...at least that what she is making me think.... 

yes, If I had the funds another smart trainer would be my first purchase.

I think is till have the puppy-dog-eyes down, as she conceded, and decided to rather carry on working.

...at least that what she is making me think....

yes, If I had the funds another smart trainer would be my first purchase.

Nice ride, thanks!! [emoji2]