CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who Mogammed is but he must have spent a pretty penny there to receive a personalized letter! 

I got Gregory's letter... in case you're looking for it Gregory.

that's funny I got Mathews letter and yes before I get corrected that's Mathew with one t, Mathew if you are out there this ones for you :thumbup:

Edited by Anton Kruyshaar

So who is going to complain if they get an IDT after having paid for brake pads ....  :whistling: 

Ideon, hiers jou brief maat. Se vir my gou wat het jy bestel?

Hi Ideon,

We trust you and those around you are keeping safe during the national lockdown.

It has been a trying time for us as people, not being able to move freely, but we must do our part in this time of crisis.

Well done on making the decision to shop with us during the Lockdown Sale. With a weakened rand, you have probably saved yourself an extra 20-25% on the deals you got during our sale. This is over and above the insane discounts we were offering during this online promotion.

We have already started to see the impact the rand is having on future orders, so the fact that you have secured the deals you did, at the time you did is great for you as a cyclist.

While certain trade is permitted under level 4 as laid out in official government legislation, and you are allowed to ride between 6am and 9am, our retail stores cannot reopen and resume work, even under heavy restrictions.

As it relates to our online business, we have studied the regulations issued in terms of Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act 2002, signed into law on 29 April 2020. Part J of Table 1 of these regulations allows the transportation of goods by roads only for activities listed under Section 22 (1). Our interpretation is that the supply of your goods fall outside these activities and are not classified as Essential Goods in accordance with Annexures B & C of the aforementioned regulations. In addition, in accordance with Annexure D dealing with Essential Services, paragraph 18 refers to courier services as an essential service, but only makes reference to the delivery of medical products.

In summary, as things stand under current level 4 regulations, and in order for us as a business to comply with our interpretation of the regulations, our stores remain closed for trade and we are unable to deliver online orders.

Once we are satisfied that our teams and our courier service partners are legally allowed to resume work, we will deliver all orders received as quickly as is humanly possible. We are not certain at this point what level that will be as nothing has been gazetted, but it appears that it may be level 3 based on the occasional statements that have been made by members of government.

We understand how badly you want the product you ordered and how important it is to you, getting it to you is equally important to us. We are committed to getting it to you in the shortest timeframe possible.

Please note that no in-store collections will be available either. To allow these collections will result in us contravening legislation by supplying goods that are not defined as essential. We anticipate that in-store collections will commence when our stores reopen for trade.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Kind Regards

The CWC Team

Edited by DieselnDust

Wanna play by the rules when it has to be delivered, but trading online when the were not allowed to? i am reading this correct?

hahahaha Jason is also looking for the same email.

If the order forms are jumbled this could be the biggest shambles since Zuma was elected president!

Could work out incredibly well for that one guy who ordered some inner tubes and is now getting a Kickr or a surprise bike.

Imagine having to explain that to your wife after she's already pissed off with your previous N+1 purchase? "No, darling! I didn't buy this, it was a mistake in their shipping, I promise!"

Edited by Eon du Plessis

They didn’t give specific details on the orders so I assume they just made a mistake when they tried to personalise their generic email.

I see that CWC and Cycle Lab have got license to trade on certain goods.

Will be interesting to see what online orders they are able to finalise

at this stage an argument could be made for bike parts being essential services (medical)  My mental health is taking a beating

I need that IDT I ordered for 2am to 4am when I lie in bed worrying

Just hope I get my kicker core and not Laurie's 26er tubes

Edited by Waynemol