Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

Thanks for creating the race, much appreciated.

Some feedback on the route:

IMO the route had to many changes in elevation which resulted in a lot of gear up n down mashing to try keep the effort constant. O

ne thing I've learnt with Rouvy is to look for routes which have a smoother profile, less shark teeth...

Not trying to be difficult, just sharing my thoughts on routes

North Applegate.JPG

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard for me to understand, seems like the dumb trainer feel / operation is somewhat different to a smart trainer. 

One thing for sure, on any IDT there is no free wheeling like on a real ride, soft pedalling yes

I've done the same, uploaded some of my local short but challenging local rides.

They are definitely easier than in real life, but still challenging enough

Enjoy Sugarbush tomorrow, think I'll venture outdoors tomorrow

I've only ridden a smart trainer a handful of times - think it was a Kickr.

• For the smart trainer you stay in the same gear and the level of resistance on the cassette/rear wheel is controlled by the machine;
  • For the old turbo-style trainer the resistance is a combo of the flywheel's resistance (those magnets they mentioned) against the rear wheel and the gears used. Bigger gears are harder to push and easier gears are easier to push. You have to set your own resistance.

Frosty I created a loop around the airport, not hectic when you ride it with a bike outdoors but indoors quite hectic at 32km/h.

Will give it a go next week. What is the route name?

O btw. What does the different colours on the rider icons mean. Have seen red blue green and yellow?

O btw. What does the different colours on the rider icons mean. Have seen red blue green and yellow?

Nothing identification only

Aborted my ride at the back gate. I’ll stick to the flatter, 60-90 minute efforts.

2b85cc6e4746311265f8efbcb22a8ae5.jpg

What is the difference between Rouvy and Rouvy AR I normally use zwift but looking to try out Rouvy and join you guys for a race

What is the difference between Rouvy and Rouvy AR I normally use zwift but looking to try out Rouvy and join you guys for a race

The AR routes

Rouvy AR I find simpler. Especially connecting to trainer.

Rouvy ( now rouvy workouts) has workout sesions and a bit more detail to it.

I've only ridden a smart trainer a handful of times - think it was a Kickr.

• For the smart trainer you stay in the same gear and the level of resistance on the cassette/rear wheel is controlled by the machine;

• For the old turbo-style trainer the resistance is a combo of the flywheel's resistance (those magnets they mentioned) against the rear wheel and the gears used. Bigger gears are harder to push and easier gears are easier to push. You have to set your own resistance.

Smart trainers, (well my powerbeam on rouvy) don’t work like that in race mode, the resistance increases and decreases depending on the routes gradient and you have to use your gears exactly like you would in reality.

There are training modes / programs that work like you describe, for example you can select your desired power output, let’s say 200W and then the program will automatically control the resistance to maintain that out put. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can use this function in a race or when riding a route, only in free ride or prescribed training programs.