Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

Aborted my ride at the back gate. I’ll stick to the flatter, 60-90 minute efforts.2b85cc6e4746311265f8efbcb22a8ae5.jpg

What happened?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened?

Would have been close to a three hour ride - I’m not wired to ride the IDT for that long. Definitely harder indoors compared to outdoors

Would have been close to a three hour ride - I’m not wired to ride the IDT for that long. Definitely harder indoors compared to outdoors

That's pretty good for a relative newby to IDT

Mentally it is tougher and your body position (butt) does not change as much as if you were riding outdoors, so you need to make a conscience effort to move around / stand up to relieve the pressure.

Fan, entertainment (TV with DVD / Netflix etc) and headphones (so u can hear the TV / music etc without irritating the rest of the household) are also essential for LSD type rides.

I’m not new to IDT, but rather new to following virtual routes for LSD rides. I’ve been riding on the trainer for close to 5 years during the week - mostly structured HIIT or just riding for 30-60 minutes.

I do stand to stretch the legs, but I think the hardest adjustment is no free-wheeling. During my interval training it’s pretty much zone 1 soft pedaling.

I also can’t watch shows, as I need to concentrate on stay in the zone I’m supposed to be in.

I’m not new to IDT, but rather new to following virtual routes for LSD rides. I’ve been riding on the trainer for close to 5 years during the week - mostly structured HIIT or just riding for 30-60 minutes.

I do stand to stretch the legs, but I think the hardest adjustment is no free-wheeling. During my interval training it’s pretty much zone 1 soft pedaling.

I also can’t watch shows, as I need to concentrate on stay in the zone I’m supposed to be in.

BTW my comments were aimed at long rides like the SBR one you did earlier today, not structured intervals.

If you can’t watch tv then listening to music is a good option for HIIT sessions, music is a great way to help push yourself a bit harder for longer. I have set up some training playlists on my iTunes account specifically for that and for online races

BTW my comments were aimed at long rides like the SBR one you did earlier today, not structured intervals.

If you can’t watch tv then listening to music is a good option for HIIT sessions, music is a great way to help push yourself a bit harder for longer. I have set up some training playlists on my iTunes account specifically for that and for online races

I’ll try an easier route, the next time I think of riding a LSD ride on the IDT... like somewhere south of Amsterdam.

25% gradient, seriously

I'm guessing that was only for a very short section somewhere on the second climb just before mile 10

That climb has a few very steep but very short sections, you will hardly feel them online 

To those arranging these rides, thanks, all comments from me are meant in jest. Not sure how many i will do this week as i have a slight sprain in the back.

Too many Rouvy career climbs......

I rode the last 33km of the argus last night. very enjoyable. not many spikes max was 8%

we should race it...but not today.

Hey Gents , I have set up a race/ride for 7 am tomorrow morning . It’s called Bikehub Knysna to Wilderness . Please feel free to join . I’ll try message as many guys as what I can to join . I’ll also to post a direct link