Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

My average and max heart rate seemed quite a bit lower than it would be at the same speed in the real world. My average was 121 and I normally average at about 135. My max was 139 and I normally max at about 165 in the real world.

I suspect my resistance setting is too low on the trainer even though I followed the recommendations on the trainer manual.

Think you should also disconnect the Kawasaki from your trainer too. You looked like you were pulling 450 to 500 watts straight off the start line. FTP at 160%.  :devil:

Edited by LongDonkey

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, although I’m a bit puzzled as I certainly don’t think I should have been that far ahead of everyone.

I used a dumb trainer and I have logged my correct weight etc. Not sure what else I could have set incorrectly that would distort my performance.

I’m fact, I slowed down on purpose after the halfway mark as I felt a bit guilty!

Anything that I should check?

Dumb trainer does not change your resistance unless you have a power meter then you should change it yourself.

I have to admit, I did stop halfway up the climb, just because when the second time check came-up I hammered it.

Mr Long Donkey, you also did very well, so who is going to set-up the next race/online ride.

I think I have sorted out my unrealistic performance on my dumb trainer.

I am using a Giant Cyclotron Mag II trainer, which is not included on Rouvy's list of trainers, so I assumed that the Giant Cyclotron Fluid Comp trainer would work for mine, so I chose it.

After the race, I contacted Rouvy and they suggested that I select the Deskbike trainer under "Other", which I did and then did a route yesterday evening. 

The results were much closer to reality, in terms of heart rate, power output and speed. Rouvy automatically adjusts the speed depending on the gradient, cadence and heart rate, for dumb trainers.

So it seems that the Deskbike trainer matches the power curve to my trainer much more accurately than the Fluid Comp trainer.

So when is the next race? I will now probably come stone last!

If you guys are keen I’ll try create one for this afternoon ?

Around 45 min ....

I'm in for that...

If you guys are keen I’ll try create one for this afternoon ?

Around 45 min ....

If I've sorted the broken washing machine by then I'm in for sure!

Sounds good for another ride today. Make it after 16:00, so "work" will not be upset....

as for my performance Dexter, i was way off from that annoying Muishond.........

If anyone is interested, a few of my club mates are joining me for a lap of the reserve (SBR) on Saturday at 06:15. It's showing on the online races, but we wont be racing it - our first virtual (weekend) club ride.

https://my.rouvy.com/onlinerace/live/17560

It's enabled for all trainers, as some of use are using dumb trainers.

Registered - see you then!

Ok gents , I have created a race for 4 30 pm today .

It’s called Bikehub North Applegate . It’s about a 45 min workout.

Registered.