Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

I also could not get it work, would not pair with any of my sensors.

Ended up using the old version

So what happens if you don't have Bluetooth?

Ok, AR on mac does not support Ant+

Workouts only seem to work on older version for now.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok gents , I have created a race for 4 30 pm today .

It’s called Bikehub North Applegate . It’s about a 45 min workout.

Thanks for creating the race, much appreciated.

Some feedback on the route:

IMO the route had to many changes in elevation which resulted in a lot of gear up n down mashing to try keep the effort constant. One thing I've learnt with Rouvy is to look for routes which have a smoother profile, less shark teeth...

Not trying to be difficult, just sharing my thoughts on routes

post-182-0-35638200-1585901233_thumb.jpg

IMO the route had to many changes in elevation which resulted in a lot of gear up n down mashing to try keep the effort constant. One thing I've learnt with Rouvy is to look for routes which have a smoother profile, less shark teeth...

attachicon.gifNorth Applegate.JPG

Those bumps hurt the legs.

Clint, please don't choose routes that go up all the way. Rouvy has like a million of them.... :ph34r:

Ha ha, SwissVan, you are not difficult, I felt everyone of those teeth. I couldn't understand how 1% or 2% inclines were so hard (smart trainer). I'm new to Rouvy-land so mind my inexperience....

Big thanks to Clinton for setting it up ... will be there for the next one!

attachicon.gifNorth Applegate.JPG

That would be funny if it were not so true.....

#someofusarenotbuiltforclimbing

Sadly nor am I mate! I'm still struggling with the fact that on my dumb trainer when the route goes up, in the same gear and cadence my speed drops ... It's a mental thing to up the 'effort' quickly, clearly it's correct but the brain struggles to compute!

Sadly nor am I mate! I'm still struggling with the fact that on my dumb trainer when the route goes up, in the same gear and cadence my speed drops ... It's a mental thing to up the 'effort' quickly, clearly it's correct but the brain struggles to compute!

I try watch the little profile screen which shows your position in relation to the gradient and adjust my effort as per that instead of waiting to feel it in the pedals... takes some getting used to as there is a bit of a lag effect...that's why i don't like these races with lots of "shark tooth" gradient changes

I try watch the little profile screen which shows your position in relation to the gradient and adjust my effort as per that instead of waiting to feel it in the pedals... takes some getting used to as there is a bit of a lag effect...that's why i don't like these races with lots of "shark tooth" gradient changes

Because mine's dumb I can't wait to feel anyway just notice that I come to an almost dead stop even though I'm pedaling like a hamster on his wheel .... Slowly getting used to it.

Tomorrow I might just take on one of those CTCT routes [emoji41]

I have been uploading all my fit files from routes I enjoy riding, and then creating routes from there.
For me, I don't enjoy being on the IDT for longer than 2 hours, and even less if it's a intense ride.

I have created the following:

CoffeeRideFriday (our weekly morning coffee ride route)

GW-EarlyBird (one of our Saturday rides before the club rides)

Full lap around SBR - but Rouvy would prefer people don't create duplicate routes.

Will be looking at other routes around Jhb South and the East Rand

With my dumb trainer, I'm like NSBB and, I find myself spinning and not getting anywhere.

I learnt to hit the big gear, and stand, while "climbing", and then soft pedal on the descents.

Otherwise I'm poked halfway through the ride.

Tomorrow's ride at SBR will be interesting to see. I know the speed I can climb at in the real world, (both fit and unfit).

With my dumb trainer, I'm like NSBB and, I find myself spinning and not getting anywhere.

I learnt to hit the big gear, and stand, while "climbing", and then soft pedal on the descents.

Tomorrow's ride at SBR will be interesting to see. I know the speed I can climb at in the real world, (both fit and unfit).

I'm slowly adopting that strategy even though it's almost counter intuitive to hit a bigger gear when climbing but as you say with a dumb trainer, and rider in this case [emoji6] , it seems the best way to go about it.

All you guys have NOTHING on a guy in my position with only a set of rollers...........resistance......I laugh in the face of resistance.   :D

At 70km/h with 110 cadence on a set of rollers I produce a weakly 270w at the MOST.

That does NOT help with this whole Rouvy / indoor training thing.

Hard for me to understand, seems like the dumb trainer feel / operation is somewhat different to a smart trainer. 

One thing for sure, on any IDT there is no free wheeling like on a real ride, soft pedalling yes

I've done the same, uploaded some of my local short but challenging local rides.

They are definitely easier than in real life, but still challenging enough

Enjoy Sugarbush tomorrow, think I'll venture outdoors tomorrow