RockShox goes full enduro with 38mm Zeb fork

News bot

Reminds me of the days when I had a Totem on a Gemini.... That was a beast of a bike. And way too much bike for anything in Cape Town

Cant imaging anyone in this country needing one of those for anything else than bragging rights. When the guys winning the enduro races are not even using enduro bikes. Will be more handy at the endure class of the DH series. But wondering how long they keep the Lyric on. Although Its a very successful product and they'd be stupid to cull it.

I'd say that this is for freeride barspins. Like the old Totem used to be.

I'd say that this is for freeride barspins. Like the old Totem used to be.

Or because you really like the Long Low slack 29er enduro bikes but can't corner and prefer to smash your way through the course on the wrong side of the tape :)

Or because you really like the Long Low slack 650r enduro bikes but can't corner and prefer to smash your way through the course on the wrong side of the tape :)

Why you talk about me? ????

Nah, even I wouldn't want one when the lyrik is already so good. If I wanted to go back to a heavier fork, I already have the Marzo.

I've been following the Charger damper threads and done a lot of reading from pretty clued up (Push, Suspension lab, Shockcraft etc) people and the common issues that the guys with the big magnifier glasses had with the RS forks since 2014 has been that they were over-damped for the average user. If you go listen to the Vital podcast on the Charger RC2.1 damper, and now the ZEB podcast, they mention that they are trying to make the fork less harsh, with a more usable range of adjustments. IOE, Less HSC, less friction, less, better lubricants etc..Which although admitting to some form of fault in the passed, at-least means they are moving in the right direction. I think they caught a bit of a wake up when they did data acquisition on competitors products.

Having said that, If you listen to the Fox 36 brigade, they also have lots to moan about. and the most common is the creaking stanchion/crown interface, which Is a far bigger nightmare.

Long and the short of it. I doubt I will ever own a ZEB, Mayhem might have better use for it but it sounds like a good fork, that covers things we have not even begun to perceive as problems (ebikes etc..)

Mayhem, this is your fork pal. 

I've been following the Charger damper threads and done a lot of reading from pretty clued up (Push, Suspension lab, Shockcraft etc) people and the common issues that the guys with the big magnifier glasses had with the RS forks since 2014 has been that they were over-damped for the average user. If you go listen to the Vital podcast on the Charger RC2.1 damper, and now the ZEB podcast, they mention that they are trying to make the fork less harsh, with a more usable range of adjustments. IOE, Less HSC, less friction, less, better lubricants etc..Which although admitting to some form of fault in the passed, at-least means they are moving in the right direction. I think they caught a bit of a wake up when they did data acquisition on competitors products.

Having said that, If you listen to the Fox 36 brigade, they also have lots to moan about. and the most common is the creaking stanchion/crown interface, which Is a far bigger nightmare.

Long and the short of it. I doubt I will ever own a ZEB, Mayhem might have better use for it but it sounds like a good fork, that covers things we have not even begun to perceive as problems (ebikes etc..)

Mayhem, this is your fork pal.

Nah. No thanks. Even at my weight I'm not gonna stress over something like that. I ain't no freerider trying to do barspins on massive road gaps and drops, which is what I think this fork is made for (like the old Totem)

I mean,the name is kiff and all, but I don't see the benefits of a stiffer fork than the lyrik or my Marz when I'm not anywhere close to challenging their stiffness.

Damper upgrade, now that interests me. ????

Edit: However, if I was building a new bike or I needed a new fork and the choice was between this, the lyrik and anything else, I'd definitely consider it as an option. 38mm stanchions just look so much better than 35s

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Or because you really like the Long Low slack 29er enduro bikes but can't corner and prefer to smash your way through the course on the wrong side of the tape :)

Pffftttt Cpt is not French, and therefore does not take the "French Lines"

Pffftttt Cpt is not French, and therefore does not take the "French Lines"

Hey, all my lines are French, because that's how I kiss the dirt if (when) I come off.... 

Hey, all my lines are French, because that's how I kiss the dirt if (when) I come off.... 

... what ... with your tongue ...

I have no choice in the matter, believe me. A soft dirt kith...

Error 404: front teeth not found.