Bridge Cycles

Rico

So... last night on Bridge Cycles website and see a bike i like...bargain...opening time 9:30 all good...up from the northern suburbs to arrive at 9:30 so not to miss out. Arrive at 9:30...closed..9:45 staff arrive...waiting outside for owner to open...courier outside waiting to deliver...10:00...nothing...waiting...10:25 owner arrives...no "sorry for opening late"..ok well...inside "hi looking for this bike on your website"..."oh no all those bikes on our website are sold long ago..we havent updated our website for sometime but we have this bike for R2000 more"....really...u open late falsely advertise bikes for sale and expect a sale..no thanx!!!!!!

ja ok. you feel better now?

what bike were you looking at?

i went to their site now and it says:

"inquire" next to each item.

no indication of stock.

maybe should have phoned first.

ja ok. you feel better now?

what bike were you looking at?

i went to their site now and it says:

"inquire" next to each item.

no indication of stock.

maybe should have phoned first.

why have a website if your are not going to maintain it.

the big "S" has the same issue on their website, advertise stuff on the SA website that they dont even have in the country yet, so seems common with many to just rope in customers.

the big "S" has the same issue on their website, advertise stuff on the SA website that they dont even have in the country yet, so seems common with many to just rope in customers.

Spez will have it at the RRP though.

I think if you going to have a online store and have prices those should be updated. 

If you not going to update the site, you should only load your range and no prices or sizes.

I dig the guys at Bridge but we are in 2020 now and you need to keep your website updated. Even puresavage.co.za/shop is kept updated.

Lots of these brick and mortar vs online discussions at the moment.

Many stores have obviously heard about the power of the internet, but haven't done much to harness it to their benefit.

I'm sorry but one look at the website tells me it hasn't been updated in a loooong time... but yeah, opening up late... I wouldn't have waited/bothered.

They open at 10 close at 6pm.

Website....they have one?!?! Blow me over and pull my other leg.
anyway I love that shop, they're like family
Was in there today. Got plenty done and some lined up for tomorrow.
The only thing missing is ma osman and her fresh bakes.. Damn I miss those fresh bakes and samosas.

PS: If you want a saddle recovered, look no further

Edited by DieselnDust

Had the same with:

ASG

Bike Addict

CWC

Evobikes

Fact is that ALL of them carry limited stock, and their websites are based on latest info from their suppliers .... lot of the stuff only gets ordered in once sold ....

Learnt quickly to check stock levels before driving to any of these stores. With some of these you best ask the name of the person .... as they confirm in store stock levels and when you get there 30 minutes later they dont have stock ....

why go to the website if you're not going to pay attention when it tells you to enquire about stock levels

Inquire chum....its a stuff up

You click on inquire and it adds one to the basket.Pretty much a reflection of the shop

If it was such a huge bargain that u planned to drive from the North amd be there as they open so that you didn't miss out, then I'm sure, according to my understanding of "bargain", that R2000 price diff would then essentially still be cheaper than you would've got it elsewhere maybe?

On your other point, Yeah their times aren't always spot on, but if you maybe had a chat with Aneesa and Faizel, youb would've seen that they're actually really nice people and you may even have gotten the bike they were talking about foe the same price and not the R2000 extra.

You click on inquire and it adds one to the basket.Pretty much a reflection of the shop

Nah the shop works just fine. I'm wise enough to realise that before I leap into any bargain call ahead, chat reserve, execute.

Bridge cycles is emensely popular down south for good reasons that the regular customers understand. Its not like they advertise stock they don't /didn't have. They buy bulk and their sale stock sells fast, very fast

Nah the shop works just fine. I'm wise enough to realise that before I leap into any bargain call ahead, chat reserve, execute.

Bridge cycles is emensely popular down south for good reasons that the regular customers understand. Its not like they advertise stock they don't /didn't have. They buy bulk and their sale stock sells fast, very fast

I know the shop well.

You don't want to start that, bro.... :P

Enquire as verb:

Originated from the Old French enquerre which means ‘to seek’, enquire is used in all the situations where inquire is utilized. In other words, enquire is another form of inquire.

The traditional distinction between the verbs enquire and inquire is that enquire is to be used for general senses of ‘ask’, while inquire is reserved for uses meaning ‘make a formal investigation’. There is one qualification to this. Some Britons make the distinction that enquire and its derivatives apply to informal queries, and inquire and its derivatives to formal investigations. In practice, however, enquire, and the associated noun enquiry, are more common in British English while inquire (and the noun inquiry) are more common in American English, but otherwise there is little discernible distinction in the way the words are used.