Help with jumping

I dont like Kyle and April, she gets it right waaaay to quickly  :clap:

Ja, which gets me to conclude that she is just "putting up a show"...but to be completely honest, I just like watching her....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April is too MTB Barbie with knee pads for my liking. 

My biggest problem with jumping is "if it has the smallest hole in the middle, I freeze" 

I nose cased a double really badly and that was is for me.

April is too MTB Barbie with knee pads for my liking. 

My biggest problem with jumping is "if it has the smallest hole in the middle, I freeze" 

I nose cased a double really badly and that was is for me.

Hahahaha okay buddy

13339496_10207639367314951_4706891153160

Yep, very useful bunch...

I saw the last post peach put up was in Jan, he may still be operational, but I dont really have R1300 for a session, I know a proper coach would be best, but alas, not always an option, will just have to keep watching videos and try apply those lessons alone

As our little one did more and trails I invested in a schools coach.

Think I learnt as much as he did that first session .... :whistling:   :ph34r:   Scary how often we do stuff not knowing why, nor how to effectively change small things for significant improvements in handling\riding.

Almost a year later he had another afternoon session with Julien Louw, with a school group (not one-on-one coaching).  Clearly there was overlap with the other session, yet Julien's FIRST thing was to check the bikes as the parents dropped off the kids ... he said his piece about bar-end-plugs, as many kids had lost these already.  Safety done he got into the basics, we both learnt a lot in this session !!

The one thing that stuck in my mind - no use worrying about "advanced" skills when the very basics are not in place.  And "knowing" the basics, and applying it when you ride are certainly not the same thing.  Been promising myself an intermediate session with Julien .... not sure my ego is ready for finding out how shoddy my basics are ...  :whistling:

Sadly most of us are "Youtube taught" ....As ouzo said, thinking you are getting it right and actually getting it right often are "some distance" apart ...

Well worth saving up for a session with a proper teacher.   (but as it often becomes 2 or 3 sessions it is a budget item)

Daily we see 3 or 4 different cycling tutors on our trails, especially for the school kids .... some brilliant tutors  :thumbup:  Sadly some "not so good" ones out there as well ..  :eek:   :thumbdown:   There is one that is excellent with high school kids, but cant connect with the primary school kids ....