Tyson vs Jones

IceCreamMan

HAHAHA that's kuk funny....

Isabelle Jones?

sell her something that is not what it says in the advert and you got a bloody nose everytime

Eddie The Beast Hall vs Dumbbell "the mountain" Hafthor Bjornsson also on the cards. Eddie shared a video of Dumbbell sparring, if that is for real, he will have both sides of his face pulling funny HAHA

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/12243378/thor-bjornsson-eddie-hall-knockout/

PS: Tyson FTW, all the way!

Looking forward to Eddie vs Hafthor. Eddie has shown that if he puts his mind to it, he can do anything. To be a top class swimmer and then switch to world strongest man (and win the bloody thing) shows what kind of man he is. Who knows, he might be damn good at boxing by the end of the year as well.

Hafthor on the other hand grew up on an island of strong men so always only wanted to be one thing.

Yes, Eddie has shed a lot of fat and he is STILL huge. Like you said, the things that can be achieved when the mind is applied!

Looking forward to Eddie vs Hafthor. Eddie has shown that if he puts his mind to it, he can do anything. To be a top class swimmer and then switch to world strongest man (and win the bloody thing) shows what kind of man he is. Who knows, he might be damn good at boxing by the end of the year as well.

Hafthor on the other hand grew up on an island of strong men so always only wanted to be one thing.

I know she has passed away and i know its a long time ago. I know this cos she was related to one of the guys i was working with at the time. But probably wrong on the year

good comeback!

surely Tyson vs Tyson* is the fight we should be having?  

(mike vs fury)

ps. i know f-all about boxing, (except whatever was in rocky). i can't believe it still exists as a sport in this day and age, but then you have ufc, so what do i know.

(mike vs fury)

ps. i know f-all about boxing, (except whatever was in rocky). i can't believe it still exists as a sport in this day and age, but then you have ufc, so what do i know.

Tyson Fury may be the current champ, but imho it was only because he got a lucky shot to Wilders ear in the 3rd(iicr) round. I still say Wilder is a much better boxer than Fury and Fury just has that belt on loan.

What do you have against these sports? I suppose you have not been watching all the UFC lately. Dana White is a mastermind and getting fight island sorted must have taken serious negotiations and more money than any of us will ever make.

(mike vs fury)

i cant believe horse racing and golf are still a thing. but there you go...

one kick and tyson is toast 

and I really don't want to see that , conor might even land A lucky punch but if tyson connects first ....whoa buddy 

....I still wish he'd just stay retired , we might see something really bad happen in that ring on the 12th

Look, Conor is good but hes only ranked like 4th or 5th?. Khabib or Justin and Dustin on a good day will probably all beat the current Conor. He looked good against cowboy but we all knew that would happen, it was not a great pairing.

Tyson Fury may be the current champ, but imho it was only because he got a lucky shot to Wilders ear in the 3rd(iicr) round. I still say Wilder is a much better boxer than Fury and Fury just has that belt on loan.

What do you have against these sports? I suppose you have not been watching all the UFC lately. Dana White is a mastermind and getting fight island sorted must have taken serious negotiations and more money than any of us will ever make.

I suppose I'm to pretend to be a higher being by saying that in 2020, fighting sports where the whole purpose is to knock your opponent unconcious is barbaric. Punching someone in the face is a crime, but it's ok if it's in a ring with a referee? 

We've moved on from cock fighting, gladiators, duels and all sorts of other things that were once popular.

Society evolves, and when the money it generates can't handle the obvious moral issues it will go the same way. I don't see this happening anytime soon, as here I am adding fuel to a fire that I have no interest sitting around.I suppose I'm judging you for getting all excited about this, and I'm being hypocritical because almost everyone has a primitive urge to see people bliksemming each other.

i cant believe horse racing and golf are still a thing. but there you go...

agreed.

unless it's speed golf.

now that makes sense

If I had to choose between moering someone and sitting behind a keyboard trying to talk some sense into someone who clearly needs a good moering, I choose the former. Unless it can be proven that you can stop a burglar with a keyboard, this will remain my position. But that's just me, its already been established that I am a bigoted neanderthal. In fact, if it wasn't for this dictation app, I wouldn't be able to type a single sentence.

I suppose I'm to pretend to be a higher being by saying that in 2020, fighting sports where the whole purpose is to knock your opponent unconcious is barbaric. Punching someone in the face is a crime, but it's ok if it's in a ring with a referee? 

We've moved on from cock fighting, gladiators, duels and all sorts of other things that were once popular.

Society evolves, and when the money it generates can't handle the obvious moral issues it will go the same way. I don't see this happening anytime soon, as here I am adding fuel to a fire that I have no interest sitting around.I suppose I'm judging you for getting all excited about this, and I'm being hypocritical because almost everyone has a primitive urge to see people bliksemming each other.

If I had to choose between moering someone and sitting behind a keyboard trying to talk some sense into someone who clearly needs a good moering, I choose the former. Unless it can be proven that you can stop a burglar with a keyboard, this will remain my position. But that's just me, its already been established that I am a bigoted neanderthal. In fact, if it wasn't for this dictation app, I wouldn't be able to type a single sentence.

Since when did trying to talk to someone / not hate someone / not liking boxing become the same thing as not stopping a burglar? Mega false equivalence there, gemmerbal. Dictation app or not.

The point that I tried to convey was that being able to use your limbs efficiently, whether for self defense or participating in a sport where you are pitting your skillset against someone else (just like ANY other sport), is an art and a valuable attribute.

EDIT: for the record, I have no issue with Shebeen, we have had some entertaining debates on other threads and I have nothing but respect for him, or you Captain FBM. BUT...

I don't understand that if someone doesn't like boxing (or any other sport where moering is involved), why comment on such a thread? I don't like veganism, hence I stay away from that thread. I don't go on there lamenting the fact that my cattle feed is being consumed by humans.

Since when did trying to talk to someone / not hate someone / not liking boxing become the same thing as not stopping a burglar? Mega false equivalence there, gemmerbal. Dictation app or not.

Edited by gemmerbal

The point that I tried to convey was that being able to use your limbs efficiently, whether for self defense or participating in a sport where you are pitting your skillset against someone else (just like ANY other sport), is an art and a valuable attribute.

EDIT: for the record, I have no issue with Shebeen, we have had some entertaining debates on other threads and I have nothing but respect for him, or you Captain FBM. BUT...

I don't understand that if someone doesn't like boxing (or any other sport where moering is involved), why comment on such a thread? I don't like veganism, hence I stay away from that thread. I don't go on there lamenting the fact that my cattle feed is being consumed by humans.

Gotcha...

Yeah, I like boxing and MMA, having trying my hand at Jap JiuJitsu, Judo and Kung Fu over the years. Contact sports are still entertaining. There's a vast amount of training, technique and artistry to the whole thing, and mastery of any one area takes a loooong time. 

Utmost respect for these fellas. 

But: I'd try to talk someone down before moering them, unless impossible. If it's impossible, then escape is first prize, and moering is last on the list. If moering is the easiest and most efficient way out of a sticky situation that risks injury or endangers your life or someone elses, then ja well no fine. LOL.