Gravel frame material

Chadvdw67

Just waiting for Momsen to get back to me if it is available, if it is, that is likely the bike I will go for

Cannondale is 2nd choice at the moment just because of the sweet deal I can get on it

Revolt I still need to see what deal can be had

FWIW, my carbon road bike has been gathering dust for most of this year as my steel gravel bike has been found difficult to put down - 28mm gators kins for the road. A world of comfort if one wishes to accept a couple of kilos extra (the bike not just me)...

So thanks to everyone who had some pointers for me, after lots of thinking, reading, sleepless nights, tests ride and negotiating and even more thinking back and forth, up and down, left and right, I finally made a decision and got the Cannondale Topstone 105, I got a really sweet deal on it and I am very happy with my decision, tomorrow is ride day ????????????

post-140742-0-55263900-1600952160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chadvdw67

So thanks to everyone who had some pointers for me, after lots of thinking, reading, sleepless nights, tests ride and negotiating and even more thinking back and forth, up and down, left and right, I finally made a decision and got the Cannondale Topstone 105, I got a really sweet deal on it and I am very happy with my decision, tomorrow is ride day ????????????

Screenshot_20200924_144008.jpg

Sweet looking ride and a great colour, you can’t go wrong with cannondale and they were early adopters of gravel - enjoy

I have had one of each whilst always owning a steel frame . It’s the one bike that has been consistent and always turn to. As for the extra weight , doesn’t bother me .

There is just something special about steel and the ride quality,be it on or off road.

Edit : oops bit late to the party . Enjoy the new bike .

Edited by Pikey

I'd just like to ask why you chose the bike which nobody recommended (in terms of model or frame material)?  Not trying to be facetious, I'm genuinely interested.  

I'd just like to ask why you chose the bike which nobody recommended (in terms of model or frame material)? Not trying to be facetious, I'm genuinely interested.

I did a LOT of reading up on all the bikes, this one seemed to suit my needs well, it is the best specced of all the bikes I looked at, except for the Carbon Revolt, but that was 2nd hand and sold before I had made a decision, and on top of all of that, Rory at Ridgeway gave me an awesome deal that just really put all the others out of the running.

I also rode both the Norco and Cannondale, while it was just a parking lot ride, the Cannondale just felt nicer to me, I know it is impossible to REALLY tell in a parking lot, but sometimes you just kinda know....

Edited by Chadvdw67

I have had one of each whilst always owning a steel frame . It’s the one bike that has been consistent and always turn to. As for the extra weight , doesn’t bother me .

There is just something special about steel and the ride quality,be it on or off road.

Edit : oops bit late to the party . Enjoy the new bike .

When you only weigh 46.3kg's you don't have to worry about bike weight [emoji12]