Bad service lead to frame damage

MalDevs

I could not agree more

Good news, but one could argue that you were lucky. I know of other ep[oeple where the LBS simply walks away from the issues. Some may disagree...that's why one works on your own bike rather....The Mechanic is NOT the one that spent R80k+ on the bike, the owner has and that feeling of ownership, dedication and meticulous care may just not be the same as the guy whom forked out the R80k for his bike. Oh and for those that say they don't know how to work on a bike...maybe its time to work on a new skill...... :thumbup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't make sense to say people have to service their own bikes. Yes I can service my own bike right down to the dampers but a full service takes hours.

Since being blessed with a little angel that just turned one my free time has been cut to zero. I have to be very selective how I spend my time and if I could have my bike serviced I would. I stay 200km from the nearest shop so it's not an option for me but people should be able to outsource this without being told to do it themselves.

Edited by Showtime

It doesn't make sense to say people have to service their own bikes. Yes I can service my own bike right down to the dampers but a full service takes hours.

Since being blessed with a little angel that just turned one my free time has been cut to zero. I have to be very selective how I spend my time and if I could have my bike serviced I would. I stay 200km from the nearest shop so it's not an option for me but people should be able to outsource this without being told to do it themselves.

You need a single speed.

Less maintenance and the bike will kill your legs a lot faster, so you can do shorter rides and spend more time with the new little one :P

Single speed rigid did you say?

I have to still take mine on the trail, but I am so short on time to ride that I grab the YT every time I can get out and do a ride with the intention of the most smiles per mile.

That at least is what I keep telling myself, truth be told I am just scared ... the SS thing I can and have done many a times before, but the rigid part is what scares me :P

Been riding rigid for about 5 years now. The amount saved on shock servicing is sweet. It puts the "kill" back into skill.

Pity you rode a Soft front fork when you used to SS......  :ph34r:

How funny you remember that. Entirely correct. Got gears on my rigid Lynskey hardtail now. How the world goes round!

Hairy is riding the rigid fork I had on my old SS!

The world definitely does turn....

Nonsense that they are now going to blame him

He took it to experts who made a hash, they must fix

Experts ? Not always.The expert,owner, rides his bike and leaves, Mr bike mechanic for two month,s ,to do the job .Then handles the payment and never inspects the work .Happened to me ! 

In my experience outsourcing leads to more loss of time to enjoy the sport, learn the skills, do a course, build the toolset, and enjoy the ride 20% more knowing you did it yourself.