2020 UCI mountain bike world championships

JBK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sjoe... In 2019 at 22/23 he got better and better as the year went on and got a top 10 in Lenzerheide.

Then he ended himself at Red Bull Hardline and had to come back from nothing in a year.

I like the fact that he won. Seeing Bruni win 4 in a row would have been bad for the sport. The top 5 guys WERE competitive. Until they fell. Then they weren't.

He didn't fall, didn't dab unnecessarily and managed to ride right on the edge to be fast AND clean. The pressure was always on the late starters to have to find that same edge. Most succumbed to the pressure.

World Champs isn't about consistency or points or placing. It is about finding the balance between risk and reward.

The top 20 took risks that didn't pay off or rode too safe and slow.

I'm stoked for both world champs. An Unlikely pair but well deserved. Mads is another good example on the road last year... The conditions, his mindset and the cards he played aligned.

1 result in a win it or lose it situation. World Champs is fantastic

Its like saying the only reason is Kevin Federline got to tap Britney Spears is cause I wasn't around at the time to meet her. 

It was race day for everyone - the best person on the day won. 

Its like saying the only reason is Kevin Federline got to tap Britney Spears is cause I wasn't around at the time to meet her. 

BWAHAHAHA

Day Made!

well the only reason he to tap Britney Is because I didn't want to. i was a DNS... She just doesn't do it for me hey. waaayaa to much plastic in that bird

well the only reason he to tap Britney Is because I didn't want to. i was a DNS... She just doesn't do it for me hey. waaayaa to much plastic in that bird

What about "My Blake incarcerated?" we could go on all day...

• 2 weeks later...

Live on the UCI FB page. No Saffer male entries. Robyn is representing, so the best of luck to her.

Why is Matt not doing World Marathon Champs? Is it a case of cost or qualifying??

Edited by Paulst12

Painfull listening to her.Good example of how not to do it.

Robyn seems to be going well?

Painfull listening to her.Good example of how not to do it.

Robyn seems to be going well?

she's currently 5th

Why is Matt not doing World Marathon Champs? Is it a case of cost or qualifying??

No racing here means no points which means a 1939391 start position as last years points dont carry over for one. Then the issues wit Covid and travel and quarantine etc its a pointless episode unfortunately