MTB Flat Pedal recommendation (Crankbrothers?)

Bjorn881

If you can test a few, the Giants i had, had amazing concave, i miss that in a way, but then again, they were to small, close to crank. I have Dmr's, less concave but so awesome. I also had stamps, for me they basically flat, my feet did not like them that much, even though the platform size was massive.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can test a few, the Giants i had, had amazing concave, i miss that in a way, but then again, they were to small, close to crank. I have Dmr's, less concave but so awesome. I also had stamps, for me they basically flat, my feet did not like them that much, even though the platform size was massive.

My LBS recommended taking out the inner 2x pins on the Stamp 2 so that ones foot can almost sink into the centre of the pedal, which would give one that concave feel!

My LBS recommended taking out the inner 2x pins on the Stamp 2 so that ones foot can almost sink into the centre of the pedal, which would give one that concave feel!

I did that with my Saints - just not the same as an actual concave platform.

I hear what lbs says but what's the point of a stiff sole?

Stiffer sole makes pedalling significantly easier. Also assists in maintanig grip/contact between pedal and foot. Well in my experience riding skate shoes and MTB specific shoes. The difference is rather large for rough stuff on a descent. Not much on smooth flow stuff, hence why you can often see slopestlyle okes just running skate shoes.

OneUp  Composites are also something to look at  and great value IMO or get a used set of the OneUp aluminiums...