Tour de France 2021

gummibear

16 hours ago, Vetplant said:

And if we can see it all the way from sunny SA, you'd bet your bottom dollar that every DS is telling his guys to be in that break tomorrow. 

I honestly think MVDP is also going to go for it and join a big bunch of riders up the road. 

Yellow Jersey in a long breakaway. Yes please

16 hours ago, Maniax said:

that would be bloody brilliant and true to mvdp form

@Maniax, seems we are still allowed to dream. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Plentipotential said:

I swear I scoured the results sheet from yesterdays stage and unless I'm blind I cannot see it written anywhere that Cavendish cheated.

The amount of time would be YouTube subscriber hunters are devoting to the analysis of yesterdays stage is amazing, lines in the road, cracks in the road!! He won, the organisers said he won, let's move on. 32 wins and there are still doubters, most pro's would give their left nut for 1. O.K. some gave up a bit more!

Opinions are good. If not for opinions  Thehub would be Junkmail!

25 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Opinions are good. If not for opinions  Thehub would be Junkmail!

Also there’s more to bike racing than just the results for those that want to look deeper and learn more.

15 minutes ago, Jensie said:

Van Aert for the win

Double like if he can do it with enough of a gap to take Yellow. 

But, MvdP on the good form is difficult to beat. 

I think Wout can perform better than MvdP in the mountains tomorrow, so could move into Yellow then if he just sticks with MvdP today. 

Edited by Vetplant
Deleting my predictive text App right now

8 minutes ago, Jensie said:

So Cav is going to sit up at 115km. Job done for the day.

Should do, although life in the peloton doesn't look any easier in this long strung out line!

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

FWIW - I see Lanterne Rouge’s take on the Booohani manoeuvre was that he was protecting himself from Cavendish who was ducking in (again).

Also - Alpacin Fenix treating the TdF like an under 9 swimming gala trying to get a ribbon for everyone trying hard ????????????

Man I love his analysis. If anyone has been living under a rock and doesn't know him, here's a link.

If you know me well, you'd know that the Spring Classics are my favourite type of races, where the terrain is varied and it's about emptying the legs in one mighty effort in 10-14 degree weather. What a bonus this stage is.

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, Plentipotential said:

I swear I scoured the results sheet from yesterdays stage and unless I'm blind I cannot see it written anywhere that Cavendish cheated.

The problem is that he clearly breached the UCI rules of sprinting. They discuss it a bit in the Lanterne Rouge Cycling Podcast if you want to hear more, but there isn't really too much doubt that he deviated from the lane he started his sprint in, and that he endangered Merlier (yes, Merlier) who had to check his sprint to prevent a crash. But for whatever reason, the UCI won't enforce those rules. And because they don't enforce their rules consistently, those rules are broken repeatedly, and that makes sprinting more dangerous.  

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

The problem is that he clearly breached the UCI rules of sprinting. They discuss it a bit in the Lanterne Rouge Cycling Podcast if you want to hear more, but there isn't really too much doubt that he deviated from the lane he started his sprint in, and that he endangered Merlier (yes, Merlier) who had to check his sprint to prevent a crash. But for whatever reason, the UCI won't enforce those rules. And because they don't enforce their rules consistently, those rules are broken repeatedly, and that makes sprinting more dangerous.  

It is over and done with, so why still flogging a dead horse.  It is racing and race craft and they all do it.  You do realise we are half way through another stage, so nothing is going to change, no matter how much armchair analysis you do.

3 hours ago, shaper said:

Tactical blocking, no different to rugby players getting in the way of a wing or full back who is chasing a kick.

Yes, but even in rugby you have to stay in your lane when running back, and it's a penalty if you change direction to get in the way of the kick chaser ????. Blocking is one thing, deviating across the road to pinch someone into the barriers and obstruct them isn't quite the same