Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/20/2023 at 6:35 PM, BrandonH said:

So I had a lapse in judgement… gonna sell my full suss and keep the Rapide, she is too pretty to sell, and hasn’t even touched the mountains yet.. anyone here run a 140mm? I have a freshly serviced Rockshox Revelation 140mm fork I wanna slap on, but worried as I want to also use her to train and cover some distance as it will be my only bike.. maybe worth a shorter travel fork instead?

I  currently have a 100mm fork on mine, but for a while now I'm considering a 120mm fork.  Mostly marathon riding.

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

It's a Thing of Beauty.

What Fork did You end up with ?

I used the fork I had from my previous Slade Trail, 140mm Revelation. 

On 11/20/2023 at 6:35 PM, BrandonH said:

So I had a lapse in judgement… gonna sell my full suss and keep the Rapide, she is too pretty to sell, and hasn’t even touched the mountains yet.. anyone here run a 140mm? I have a freshly serviced Rockshox Revelation 140mm fork I wanna slap on, but worried as I want to also use her to train and cover some distance as it will be my only bike.. maybe worth a shorter travel fork instead?

I also sold my full suspension and kept the my HT... 

Also have 140mm and I don't have any issues on longer rides but I am no racer. Doesn't feel too wallowy if it firm it up a bit. It's not like my previous 160mm bike.

Isn't it normal for marathon bikes to have over 100mm these days? 120mm? So 20mm diff isn't huge.

3 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Please let us know how this frame rides compared to the Slade

I will do! hopefully going to take her out at Heldeberg trails or Plesier De Merle on Saturday & G-Spot next weekend. After a quick spin around the block, I'm really eager to test her out on a decent flow trail.

41 minutes ago, BrandonH said:

I will do! hopefully going to take her out at Heldeberg trails or Plesier De Merle on Saturday & G-Spot next weekend. After a quick spin around the block, I'm really eager to test her out on a decent flow trail.

Thanks, I am considering getting a hardtail, and my two options at the moment are a Slade or a Tigre, so very interested to see what you have to say.

1 hour ago, Brawler said:

I also sold my full suspension and kept the my HT... 

Also have 140mm and I don't have any issues on longer rides but I am no racer. Doesn't feel too wallowy if it firm it up a bit. It's not like my previous 160mm bike.

Isn't it normal for marathon bikes to have over 100mm these days? 120mm? So 20mm diff isn't huge.

Yip, 120mm is the new 100mm for XCM (eg Matt Beers' Spez Epic Evo and Nino's Scott in the Cape Epic were both 120mm). 

There are still a few 100mm bikes floating around for XCO.

45 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Thanks, I am considering getting a hardtail, and my two options at the moment are a Slade or a Tigre, so very interested to see what you have to say.

So, I actually sold my Slade frame to help fund the Tigre, some interesting comparison stats between the 2 on paper:

I haven't had a chance to compare, but I'm running it on the exact same base. (Basically just a frame swop) and new tyres.

Slade vs Tigre.jpg

56 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

My nice beautiful red Tigré is waiting just for you, say the word and shes yours .... 🤪😂

15 minutes ago, BrandonH said:

So, I actually sold my Slade frame to help fund the Tigre, some interesting comparison stats between the 2 on paper:

I haven't had a chance to compare, but I'm running it on the exact same base. (Basically just a frame swop) and new tyres.

Slade vs Tigre.jpg

With that slack STA I wonder how it will climb 🤔

Should be quite a machine when pointed down the hill

Edited by Chadvdw67

5 minutes ago, TheoG said:

My nice beautiful red Tigré is waiting just for you, say the word and shes yours .... 🤪😂

Believe me, your bike is high up on the list  🤣

3 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Tech type climbing can be a bit challenging but normal pure climbing not a problem.

26 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I guess it depends on what you going to run up front Rigid fork through to 140mm will determine the STA & the type of climber it will be. (with a 140 mm it's at its slackest) I reckon with a decent 100-120mm up front it should be more forgiving up front. Don't take my word for it though, my riding consists of me crying uphill, laughing on the way down and then enjoying a cold beer before I even take my helmet off. 

25 minutes ago, BrandonH said:

I guess it depends on what you going to run up front Rigid fork through to 140mm will determine the STA & the type of climber it will be. (with a 140 mm it's at its slackest) I reckon with a decent 100-120mm up front it should be more forgiving up front. Don't take my word for it though, my riding consists of me crying uphill, laughing on the way down and then enjoying a cold beer before I even take my helmet off. 

Ya, I would also put a 140mm on, I have a similar riding style to you 🤣 the Slade just looks like it has a much better seated climbing position, I am glad youcan be "my" guinea pig, and inform me of your findings before I spend any money 🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 months ago We Tested a Rapid with a 120mm Fork 29er Wheels  and It's very Light up Front.

The Specialized Fuse Comp 130mm Fork 29er Wheels Was Just Perfect.

Web capture_22-11-2023_17050_.jpeg

Edited by dasilvarsa