Recovered Stolen Bicycles

-Az-

Isn't that the same VW bus that tried to Rob Crown Cycles a couple of nights ago

When I read "concrete slab", I thought Crown Cycles not imagining that the vehicle would turn out to be the same.

Really hope they get hold of all involved.!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The e-bikes were always in the entrance to the store on a usual trading day

You seem to know the setup of the store well... Where were you last night?

The security company that helped me with recovering my bike after was involved. He sends me pics and updates when they make a bust from time to time. Ive said it many times on here but they are legit. Fighting the good fight.

Same van who hit crown cycles on Monday this week, or was crown a VW caddy and this seems like the Kimbo panel van Edited by MajG

This was a vw transporter. As he mentioned in that whatsapp, the vehicle has already been linked to a similar incident. Ill mention it to him regardless.

Edit:

Same van who hit crown cycles on Monday this week, or was crown a VW caddy and this seems like the Kimbo panel van

Sorry i edited my post with new info, so i’ll just quote myself.

Vw transporter

post-64325-0-65263800-1610635304_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

Looks like you broke it.

when you replace the shifter and der with a better set and fit a new chain only to find out the two smaller cogs are worn out.

Can we get one of the suspects please...

Let's torture him to find out where the bikes were going...

Also if there's a dual crown kenevo that's maybe not wanting to be recovered

Can we get one of the suspects please...

Let's torture him to find out where the bikes were going...

Also if there's a dual crown kenevo that's maybe not wanting to be recovered

Indeed, there is obviously a demand and supply chain set up for this level of bike. 100's of top level bikes can't just disappear into ether continuously.

Indeed, there is obviously a demand and supply chain set up for this level of bike. 100's of top level bikes can't just disappear into ether continuously.

That was very near to 1milliion ZAR in bikes taken in one sweep....all thrown into one car, this is better than ripping off a jewelry store and easier than hi-jacking a couple of middle model cars to get to that value/RRP

That was very near to 1milliion ZAR in bikes taken in one sweep....all thrown into one car, this is better than ripping off a jewelry store and easier than hi-jacking a couple of middle model cars to get to that value/RRP

And yet .... who walks into a Spez dealer and buys 8 e.bike chargers ....

Same, who buys an ebike without a charger ....

And with all the electronic ID details in these ebikes ..... Spez CAN trace these units when the next owner brings it in for a service !

We really need the dealers to expose a few buyers of these stolen goods .... sadly it is bargain hunters that keep this theft industry going ....

And yet .... who walks into a Spez dealer and buys 8 e.bike chargers ....

Same, who buys an ebike without a charger ....

And with all the electronic ID details in these ebikes ..... Spez CAN trace these units when the next owner brings it in for a service !

We really need the dealers to expose a few buyers of these stolen goods .... sadly it is bargain hunters that keep this theft industry going ....

I understand form a Spaz dealer (Not the Cycles Direct store) that they have had instances like this before and a stolen bike was also recovered in this manner through them.