toolkit or seperate tools

lowracer

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/wave_toolbox/

is this worth it, or rather buy the seperate tools?

i dont care about the "everything together" bit, and have enough screwdrivers, allen keys, shifting spanners at home. 

the local shop has bbb, will that be ok, or must I get park tools?

mtb stuff is shimano, most road stuff is campag. I do have one or two tools allready(like lockring remover, chainbreaker, campag bb remover, and one or two others probably)

I dont intend getting any of the new shimano cranks anytime soon.

Man can never have enough tools!

I'm not sure I feel comfortable getting into a conversation about another mans tools.

Park is great but is made to be used everyday all day - for the average joe you can get away with BBB or something similar - how many times you going to remoe your cranks in a year?

Park is great but is made to be used everyday all day - for the average joe you can get away with BBB or something similar - how many times you going to remoe your cranks in a year?

BBB for some things are okay. Look at PRO aswell. Pedro also makes nice stuff. Just don't discard Park because you think they are the most expensive. They've been in the country longer then others and you can still get old stock at good prices. Also, Park makes tools for the shop and home. the home cone spanners for example is double sided and the shop not. So you get 2 spanners for about 3rd more then a single.

Just ask yourself, how much is that little bolt you're working on worth. Is it gonna cost you R50 to replace because you bought a tool that's R20 cheaper then the best one?

BBB is great value and quality, toolcase is very useful, rather than keeping bits and pieces in a plastic bag.

Park tools aremore expensive.

Tools are included in a Yellow Saddle bike mech course, well worth it too.

rather than keeping bits and pieces in a plastic bag.

even without a case it should never make it into a plastic bag. The same care should be given with your tools (the steel ones) that you give to your bike.

Is that yours Zas? Must be worth a fair whack! Looks really cool!

I wish! Found the pics this morning while reserching Colnago Frames. I think the dude wanted 680 pounds for it!

I wish! Found the pics this morning while reserching Colnago Frames. I think the dude wanted 680 pounds for it!

What !! Shocked

For that Eyetalian crap.

Park Tool = Rolls Royce

The rest you can make your mind up about!!!

Don't get too mushy about park tool stuff - for the most part they are good, but I've had a product or 2 of theirs over the years that have given up the ghost and I'm not running a bike shop.

You have to judge indiviual tools on their merits

Park Tool = Rolls Royce

The rest you can make your mind up about!!!

Don't get too mushy about park tool stuff - for the most part they are good' date=' but I've had a product or 2 of theirs over the years that have given up the ghost and I'm not running a bike shop.

You have to judge indiviual tools on their merits
[/quote'] Sorry.....to be a touch more specific...

Park Tool=1977 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith II