Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

24 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Nothing sinister going on here, I expect they had chainsaw motors without the blade, purely for adding to the atmosphere thru loud sound effects.

its fairly common practice past at outdoor MX and sometimes downhill events for fans to rev the 2 stroke motors just before the start or when the leader or their favorites come past, never seen it at road cycling tho.....

These mx fans take their chain saws quite serious

They even try make them look like bikes 

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Maniax said:

I always listen to his breakdown after each stage.  very good insights. He was team mates with Victor so I dont mind.

if he was team mates, I take that back. but according to procyclingstats their paths never crossed. 

oh. and the signed Astana top from Lance as the background....put your GT winning jersey up if you're going to do it 

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

isn't this a thing in DH racing?

pretty certain there's a clause in an insurance agreement addressing this...

At least the DH fans have the good sense to remove the blade and the blade guide.  These roadie fans may have removed the blade but it still looks pretty "horror movie"!

2 hours ago, Eldron said:

At least the DH fans have the good sense to remove the blade and the blade guide.  These roadie fans may have removed the blade but it still looks pretty "horror movie"!

As they said in Asterix - these Romans are crazy!

Ouens en Vrouens,

This GC is far from concluded. This week is going to be very exciting, tense, dramatic and beautiful. 

Caruso - can he hold on? What a breakout performance thus far. Team support low.

Bardet - does he have what it takes to challenge Bernal. Low or no team strength.

Eeh-Gahn - his to lose; the TT at the end of the week; will he have enough of a buffer? Super strong team support.

The lanky EF guy - grinta of note, CDA of a Amarok bakkie on the TT bike; does he have a stage win in that engine. Decent team support.

Any case, back to work. ????

I'd love Bardet to have a few more goes at GC. (Its not TdF but Giro will do.)

In my mind he's always been that guy just hanging off the back, (until now) in that hideous brown outfit, just never quite cracking it.

12 minutes ago, Gen said:

Quite the start to the stage here.. The fight for the break is on.. 

Looking at the profile and how teams have been fighting for the break this Giro... I will not be surprised to see them still fighting through the first Sprint Point.

Okay they are on the climb and have a 54 sec gap.. And looks like the Peloton is blocking so it seems we have a break. 

Dan Martin seems to be in the break, and that is keeping the Peloton interested here...

30 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Dan Martin seems to be in the break, and that is keeping the Peloton interested here...

He's over 15min down.. So no immediate threat.