What I don't like about weekend rides...

AndreZA

This is nothing like how bad the traffic is or how you almost get run over but the nice part of what you don't like.

For me it is usually on my way back you go past a KFC or one of those boerewors roll stands. That smell hits you and the hunger sets in faster then a thread getting high jacked and turned into a doping thread.

My worst is half way through a Mtb lap race, it's hot and you can see your pit crew sitting on chairs talking k@k and downing a couple of ice cold beers, nothing hurts more than passing by and starting the 5th lap!

When you feel like an LSD and everyone else wants to go balls to the wall... When others feel that they have to prove themselves in a training ride, makes me sooo Angry, go do it in a race and let us train!!!!

The possibilities of being hijacked, can't just go ride your own pace by yourselfCry

Wonder Woman, you are so right!!! How often haven't i gotten to the start of our club ride and then the guys say:

"today we're gonna ride easy"

"This is gonna be a LSD ride"

and then 10km down the road they start with their sh&^%$t

It drives me crazy, yesterday i was so broken after telkom and then the people in the club ask:

"what are you doing here at the back"

"What's wrong with you"

like there is anything wrong with riding slow!!!!! Then i end up getting so irritated i ride too hard & don't recover!! Club rides= too many ego's too little tar!!!

.........catching a roadie and when you say hi, he looks down at you as if you're scum or something.

What is it with these arrogant skinny tyred pricks - specifically the oke on the the blue GT going up Linksfield road towards Edenvale on Sunday at about 10am...............Chuck Norris will get you!! 

Breakfasts...bacon' date=' egg, sausage, toast, chips, coffee...no wonder I'm fatcyclist!

[/quote']

Guess you've been missing A LOT of breakfasts lately GROOTSEUN....LOL

The smell of the Albany bakery in Germiston when I'm on my way from Alberton to Kempton.  Fresh bread.....

And as for guys on road bikes not greeting MTBers.  It happens everywhere.  If you REALLY want to piss them off, drop them on a climb, on a heavy dual sus MTB!  Jissie, NAG!

It happens everywhere. ?If you REALLY want to piss them off' date=' drop them on a climb, on a heavy dual sus MTB! ?Jissie, NAG!

[/quote']

oh i just love it when that happens!!

It happens everywhere.  If you REALLY want to piss them off' date=' drop them on a climb, on a heavy dual sus MTB!  Jissie, NAG!
[/quote']

oh i just love it when that happens!!

Shame man! Give those people a break.

In all likelyhood, if you can drop someone on a climb with your dual sus, perhaps they are just too tired and suffering up the climb to be even able to greet you...Wink

Weekend riding seriously messes up my

1: drinking time

2: Sleeping time

3: party time

and lastly my GF's time !

Greeting is highly overrated . Look at my eyebrow when you pass/me pass , I will lift it ! If you feel like talking follow me (will not be more than 5k) and I will stop for a sammie or something and then we can chat for hours .

okay,

what I hate is the unshaven mtbiker on a road bike in the placeline waving at every runner, cyclist and mtb'er he sees or thinks he sees.  Then the same mtb'er complaining that the pace does not slow down to a slow stroll on every hill........  (ONLY JOKING.......Wink)

actually, it is when someone gets a puncture and is left to rot on the side of the road by the entire training group.  (bad Kharma)

secondly, when when the group decides that the whole road in rush hour belongs to them.  (Bad logic)

lastly, when someone starts in a group that is too weak or too strong but does not either leave the group or adapt to the pace.