Website update gremlins

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Hi all, 

Apologies for the errors this morning and unavailability of certain features.

We hit an unexpected error this morning following some database maintenance late last night. 
We had to revert to a backup and rebuild search indexes which is why Active topics and search are currently unavailable. This should be complete within the next 2 hours.

I've switched the default forum view to a feed for now to act as "active topics".

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/

I just noticed that the comments on adverts have been activated again with the reboot 😂

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I just noticed that the comments on adverts have been activated again with the reboot 😂

Only for Bike Hub Plus Premium*** members 😉

2 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

cant click the send button.image.png.15aec0c9e52da0192cbe5b58319f6767.png

It requires a few more characters to be typed.

I'll make a note to make that clearer or reduce the requirement.

• 3 months later...

I've noticed some issues on my side:

1) whenever I try to type a message my keyboard does not push the text box up and I end up typing with the text box being hidden under the keyboard. 

2) I no longer receive notifications for personal messages 

3) if I favorite something I have to favorite it multiple times and then sometimes it still doesn't add it. Sometimes items are sold / have a price reduction without me seeing the change or being notified. 

I will most likely find some more issues if I look for them 

33 minutes ago, Nick said:

We've pushed a possible fix for this.

Please let me know if it is still not operating as expected.

Looks good. thanks!

1 hour ago, RobertWhitehead said:

1) whenever I try to type a message my keyboard does not push the text box up and I end up typing with the text box being hidden under the keyboard. 

Can you confirm which text box this is?
Forum posts? Messages in forums / classifieds? Or something else?

Similar to above, is this for forum DM's or Classifieds ad messages?

3) if I favorite something I have to favorite it multiple times and then sometimes it still doesn't add it. Sometimes items are sold / have a price reduction without me seeing the change or being notified. 

We'll check this one out. Do you typically favourite from the ad page itself or when viewing the search pages or category listings? 

Also, what device & browser are you using.

Hi @RobertWhitehead

Thanks for the feedback.

I've added some follow up questions to your points above that will help us to zero in on the issues and fix them.

Additional info on these will be mush appreciated, any any other issues you may find.

Matt

Can you confirm which text box this is? - the textbox in which the preview text appears before posting
Forum posts? Messages in forums / classifieds? Or something else? On all of them. I use Swiftkey on the phone

Similar to above, is this for forum DM's or Classifieds ad messages? - Mostly DM's they go and sit in my notification box but I do not get email notifications

We'll check this one out. Do you typically favourite from the ad page itself or when viewing the search pages or category listings? I favourite from the ad page when viewing all the new listings

Also, what device & browser are you using. On my phone I use Brave and on Mac I use Chrome

Hi Matt and team, it seems that email notifications for messages is broken, for me and friends I've asked. I tried setting them all off, then back on again, but no dice. 

28 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Hi Matt and team, it seems that email notifications for messages is broken, for me and friends I've asked. I tried setting them all off, then back on again, but no dice. 

Thanks, Nico.

We've spotted an issue with email notifications for new Chat messages on the Classifieds. Is this what you are noticing too?

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

Thanks, Nico.

We've spotted an issue with email notifications for new Chat messages on the Classifieds. Is this what you are noticing too?

Yes - not getting any email notifications, and also the actual notifications on the website seem to be lagging the messages coming in .

• 2 months later...

@Nick & @Matt

I'm on a search to find events to plan for for the year. As I can't seem to find a consolidated site that lists ALL/Most cycling races I though why not have a look at thehub, its should have most of the more popular events listed.

And here is where I picked up an issue, it will only show upcoming events, this is all good and well, but as we know these generally only get added closer to the time the event will happen, it wont allow me to look for events that happened in the past, say 2022.

Edited by The Ouzo