Trails in Gauteng that offer a bit of a challenge?

RJClegg

2 hours ago, RJClegg said:

Oh they do night riding there! How was that? 

They do night rides but we actually finished just as it got dark.

Was a great ride!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolwespruit for more of a "bike park" experience with berms, jumps and singletrack.

Buffelsdrift for longer distances with some good tech challenges

Thaba Trails for rocky tech and climbing

After reading this thread I still have no idea where I would go for 'more challenging' trails in Gauteng other than Hartees...... 

Almost every single trail mentioned has been deemed both technical and not. 

Bikes are rad like that

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

After reading this thread I still have no idea where I would go for 'more challenging' trails in Gauteng other than Hartees...... 

Almost every single trail mentioned has been deemed both technical and not. 

Bikes are rad like that

Argument invalid, harties is in N/W province ????

Something to be aware of with Hennops is it starts out a bit boring. You have about 12km (or was it 16, I can't remember) of generally uphill not particularly interesting xc stuff to get through. But once you get to the good stuff it really is nice. I wouldn't describe is as super demanding but it is really good. I'd take it over Van Gaalens for riding on that side of things tbh. One good thing about it is there is never really any gravel grind stuff. It's pretty much all single track which is quite something when you're used to a few gravel grind road sections to connect the good stuff. I hope Hennops keeps expanding as they have a good thing going and their trail builder/s seem to know what they're doing. I'm still sad that Hakahana seems to have closed down completely as I loved the trails there.

5 minutes ago, RJClegg said:

Something like this would be a lot of fun. Could do it all day 

https://youtu.be/lXeR6E2v6fk

You should visit Sabie and Mankele. They have some stuff that looks like this. Honestly Sabie and Mankele are both amazing. I need to go back. You earn your turns though. There are no free lunches on that side of the world.