• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthews and Trentin, marking Matthews, caught in a Spanish siesta there, hey

Smart racing by the okes in pink 

Edited by 'Dale

That was a strong chase to reel in the breakaway, and Matthews didn't see that one coming. Exciting race!!

Edited by Charles71

19 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Also really exciting to see Mas and Lopez working well together as a team….

Vast improvement when they move away from the stupid “trident” strategy …. Looking at you as well inneos

50 minutes ago, geomark said:

Vast improvement when they move away from the stupid “trident” strategy …. Looking at you as well inneos

I can see how the trident strategy should work in principle, and in all honesty, it's probably the only way you can beat Pogacar or Roglic, but I feel like I've never actually seen it work. It seems to always be a mess when there isn't 1 leader on a team. 

(The reason I say it's your only chance to beat the Slovenians is the same reason it was the best chance to beat Froome. When you have a guy that can "comfortably" hold the wheels all the way up a climb, and then put a massive kick in on the last km or minute, he's always gonna be hard to beat. If Ineos has 1 leader, say Bernal, and made a mountain train on the front with Narvaes, Yates & Carapaz (or Kwiato/Thomas/Porte/Martinez/Castro in the TDF), they would be able to rip it up the climbs, but it's super unlikely they'd be able to ride Roglic or Pogacar off their wheels, and in the last km, the Slovenians just have a stronger kick than Bernal and would take 10 - 20s off him. So the best chance of winning is to not make a train, make UAE/TJV pace, and then have multiple attacks from multiple leaders that are close on GC to force Rog or Pog to close attack after attack while the other leaders sit on. Eventually they'll crack and someone will get away and win some time)

Edited by Mountain Bru

5 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Magnus throws his SystemSix. 

????: Gomez Sport 

202E50B0-0E46-4CBE-B1B5-9A31013B7078.jpeg

As a person who will make sure the edge of a book/file/keyboard/anything is parallel with the edge of the desk... I find this photo really relaxing. 

Meanwhile, EF Education Nippo's Bettiol out for the rest of the season - ulcerative collitis, recurring. Urghhhh!

4 hours ago, NickGM said:

As a person who will make sure the edge of a book/file/keyboard/anything is parallel with the edge of the desk... I find this photo really relaxing. 

I’m guessing you’d find my kids less relaxing.  My ex would constantly align even things on my desk and when I was cooking and also the remotes. On one weeks-long visit my then-teen children from CT took great pleasure in repeatedly misaligning the remotes on the coffee table whenever the ex left the room and sure enough, she’d absentmindedly realign them first thing each time she returned.  

Am figuratively salivating in anticipation of tomorrow’s stage.

18 hours ago, NickGM said:

Interesting how different people see things. It would have been a GREAT photo had that 2, 6, 9 looked more like 2, 6, 8, or 3, 6, 9