Stolen:Campagnolo Super record Groupset 11 Speed (Gauteng)

MichaelYeates

this sucks. sorry to hear.

I was actually thinking about this exact thing the other day. How long before the moegoes realise that courier vans are more often than not carrying high value items. I mean i have couriered a R65k bicycle before, other people/ shops courier things that cost even more. Looks like insurance is a must going forward no matter the amount.

13 minutes ago, MORNE said:

this sucks. sorry to hear.

I was actually thinking about this exact thing the other day. How long before the moegoes realise that courier vans are more often than not carrying high value items. I mean i have couriered a R65k bicycle before, other people/ shops courier things that cost even more. Looks like insurance is a must going forward no matter the amount.

Sadly most couriers do not cover second hand goods. Make sure to check the T&Cs 

19 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Sadly most couriers do not cover second hand goods. Make sure to check the T&Cs 

That was the response I got at Postnet when sending a set of wheels recently. ☹️

36 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I’m sure postnet allows you to add insurance… I might just start now on high value items 

They do, I am almost always asked what the value is and if I want insurance. They cover up to R1000 normally I think but there is a choice to insure more valuable items. 

Most Postnets carry marine insurance. This covers non high risk items. Ask the counter assistant. Cost should be in the region of 3% of value. Postnet SA (the franchisor) is owned by Aramex, who offer up to R3000 cover on non insured items. Not a great policy with lots of exclusions....